Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Segura is being eyed as a possibility for Roman's next opponent.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lightsout15 View Post
    Won't last more than three rounds.
    Id be surprised if it makes it out of the 1st

Comment

Chocolatito beats him. KO withing 4 rounds.

Roman Gonzales is (after Mayweather) the best P4P fighter in the world

Segura, Estrada, Inoue

Knockout, Knockout, Knockout

Comment

that last thing you wrote lmfao yea this fight is pointless i like segura but his style is made gonzalez it's another mismatch BUT it will be fireworks for how ever long it last WAR ESTRADA!!

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
          Bs fight but I see why HBO is wanting it.
          They're investing in Gonzalez and don't want to send him into a fight he could possibly lose on his 2nd HBO fight.
          They're going to build this and they'll continue to feed him known but past their prime Mexicans. After he dispatches Segura I'm sure they'll get another corpse. Wonder if Cazares is till fighting?
          Like I've said countless times before, Roman has the skill set, sadly his opposition has been very questionable as of late. Although it's good news for the lower weights that HBO is showing interest in their divisions, sadly most of the audience is uninformed regarding the caliber of opposition he is actually facing.

Truth be told the lower weights are actually riddled with great competitors, it's a shame Roman fought the likes of Valentin in his previous scrap. I really hope he has an actual formidable opponent on his radar for the near future, he needs to face someone with a pulse soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
            Like I've said countless times before, Roman has the skill set, sadly his opposition has been very questionable as of late. Although it's good news for the lower weights that HBO is showing interest in their divisions, sadly most of the audience is uninformed regarding the caliber of opposition he is actually facing.

Truth be told the lower weights are actually riddled with great competitors, it's a shame Roman fought the likes of Valentin in his previous scrap. I really hope he has an actual formidable opponent on his radar for the near future, he needs to face someone with a pulse soon.
            I too wish his competition would be better but I understand HBO. They know many people don't know about the lower divisions so they want to build up Gonxalez before putting him in tougher fights. He'll breeze through Segura, then I could see them matching him with Vilora a good but beatable opponent. Then I could see them going the Estrada rematch route or moving him to 115 where he has Inoue or Cuadras. They could probably ease him into 115 with a narvaez fight too.

I see this being the HBO plan to build him up.

Comment

Michael carbajal wasn't available?

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                Michael carbajal wasn't available?
                He's still considered fresh.. So it's a possible fight in the future, perhaps, maybe... 1 million purse, atleast.. You know, since both are known names this would be a mega fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                  He's still considered fresh.. So it's a possible fight in the future, perhaps, maybe... 1 million purse, atleast.. You know, since both are known names this would be a mega fight!
                  These fights are starting to annoy me and I'm one of the biggest roman dickriders on here. Why the hell would they match him with a guy who lost to a less shot Sosa? Why not at least fight Viloria or amnat who's not getting any younger, that would be a great fight. Even if roman lost to amnat, so what? People still love watching him. Protecting guys from losing has ruined boxing.

Comment

It tells me that they're trying to build up Gonzalez, which is definitely a good thing. The match-up is pretty weak though. I guess it depends on how often HBO envisions him fighting in a year. If they're going to have him on a GGG 4-times a year schedule, then Segura is bearable. If not, they should find a better opponent.

Comment

Good fight...

I think hbo is gonna try and build up roman before cashing in with Estrada 2, etc.. He will be on major undercards for the rest of the year before headling his first hbo card vs Estrada or someone of that caliber..

Comment

Working...
                      X