Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andrade wasted 2014?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 has been a complete waste for lots of fighters. Look at Danny Garcia and Lucas Matthysse. A joke of a year for both.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      I can't believe he petitioned the WBO to fight for their middleweight belt against Korobov and then turned it down when they granted his request. Mind boggling move, why did he ask for the fight if he didn't want it?
      lol i think a lot of this is to do with is managers/promotional teams, they want a bigger cut.

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      Dude thinks he's a bigger star than what he is
      smh, way too many american fighters do

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      He expected more money to fight Korobov because Quillin was looking at 1.4 million purse. When it became clear he wasn't getting it, he decided it wasn't worth the risk.

As to Charlo, he possibly felt he would have needed a KO to win when fighting a Haymon fighter on a Showtime card.
      not worthy enough excuses

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      2014 has been a complete waste for lots of fighters. Look at Danny Garcia and Lucas Matthysse. A joke of a year for both.
      great point, garcia had a good ride at 140 for a while but since the matthysse fight aint done anything.

i think a lot of this is to do with haymon and the fact he is unsure with whats happening with showtime, gbp and so on.

Comment

I don't blame him for not taking the Charlo fight, fighting a Haymon fighter like Jermell would've made for a close fight and he was almost certain to be handing his belt over. What I do have a problem with is how he let it play out for so long that he was taking the fight then pulled out just weeks from the fight date.

He's not a Haymon fighter, he's made that clear in numerous interviews over the years. I think his dad manages him (or atleast wrecks his career) and Peltz & Peulleo promote him (or atleast try). Peltz's matchmaker Katz is a good one, and picked the Korobov fight for him, and again the Andrade's got cold feet the closer the fight got. They've been acting like this for years. He had an IBF eliminator they could've opted for against Corey Spinks and he turned that down. I just don't see any options he'll have outside of MW or Haymon. Haymon's signed up all the JMW's of relevance outside of Alvarez, Kirkland, & Tapia and D's not getting those guys. I'd be fine if he fights Lara/Charlo and loses and goes off into obscurity.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          This saturday night, Demetrius Andrade should have been defending his title against one of the best young fighters in his division in a bout that could have made a star out of the winner. Yet Andrade is no longer in that bout and his supposed opponent is fighting someone else. Has one of the US' best young boxers wasted what should have been a great year?

No young fighter should only ever fight once a year. What do you all think?
          I thought you were talking about Andre Joke of a Fighter Ward....I agree on both Andres wasting their year!

Comment

I don't think there has ever been a year in boxing that made me despise so many fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              I don't blame him for not taking the Charlo fight, fighting a Haymon fighter like Jermell would've made for a close fight and he was almost certain to be handing his belt over. What I do have a problem with is how he let it play out for so long that he was taking the fight then pulled out just weeks from the fight date.

He's not a Haymon fighter, he's made that clear in numerous interviews over the years. I think his dad manages him (or atleast wrecks his career) and Peltz & Peulleo promote him (or atleast try). Peltz's matchmaker Katz is a good one, and picked the Korobov fight for him, and again the Andrade's got cold feet the closer the fight got. They've been acting like this for years. He had an IBF eliminator they could've opted for against Corey Spinks and he turned that down. I just don't see any options he'll have outside of MW or Haymon. Haymon's signed up all the JMW's of relevance outside of Alvarez, Kirkland, & Tapia and D's not getting those guys. I'd be fine if he fights Lara/Charlo and loses and goes off into obscurity.
              ahh, informative post man, thanks, didnt know about the spinks side of things.

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
              I thought you were talking about Andre Joke of a Fighter Ward....I agree on both Andres wasting their year!
              one is andrade, the other andre...then again ive heard them both be pronounced the same so who knows eh

Comment

He got the best win of his career and defended his belt once. Could it have been better sure but that is far from a wasted year.

Fighting Korobov or Charlo is not make or break to anyone~ although would have been a nice close to the year, could have been a really good year for him but it wasn't better luck next year.

Comment

Working...
                X