No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Says Mayweather Rematch Not Part of His Plans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marquez Says Mayweather Rematch Not Part of His Plans

Four division world champion Juan Manuel Marquez (55-6-1, 40KOs), during a televised interview in Mexico, revealed that a rematch with Floyd Mayweather Jr. is certainly not part of his future plans. Marquez, 39-years-old, has no interest in avenging his one-sided decision loss to Mayweather, which took place in 2009 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

he knows nobody want to see that fight again...

Comment

Oh well.... I would have paid for it again, but am content that they met at least once.

Comment

He has commonsense...he knows he has no chance in hell to win,he got embarrassed the 1st fight

Comment

Thats the heart of a true warrior for you.

If someone hands you your most emphatic loss - Never try to avenge it. I wonder if Marquez is the one who has taught this to Khan

Comment

Who is Marquez kidding? He can pretend he has no interest in fighting Mayweather or Pacquiao all he wants, but I'm sure as hell not falling for it. He would have just retired if he wasn't looking for the paychecks those two can give him.

Comment

Marquez is the man, but won't take a chance again with Mayweather now as he is now technically an 'A side'. However if he is to fight again he needs to maybe fight a tune, or go direct to Manny as he is not getting younger and Manny might fight a different fight next time and outwork and outhustle him.

Comment

No one has plans for this fight again Marquez, no one.

Comment

I'm losing major respect for marquez...he knows he can't beat floyd and pac has a good chance of stopping him as well if a 5th fight ever came off

he's making calculated decisions about his career now that he's in a position to cherrypick whom he fights and he should at least be criticized as much as floyd has been for doing this...

by the looks of it he's looking to cash out as much as he can which by my definition doesn't make him a warrior

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                    I'm losing major respect for marquez...he knows he can't beat floyd and pac has a good chance of stopping him as well if a 5th fight ever came off

he's making calculated decisions about his career now that he's in a position to cherrypick whom he fights and he should at least be criticized as much as floyd has been for doing this...

by the looks of it he's looking to cash out as much as he can which by my definition doesn't make him a warrior
                    Really? When has Manny Pacquiao EVER came close to stopping Juan Manuel Marquez? He could not even do it in his early prime. Marquez just knows he cannot beat Mayweather and that's why he is not chasing him for another fight. A fighter knows when he is out matched. Pacquiao on the other hand had Marquez in his side like a thorn for 8 years because Marquez arguably beat Manny at least two times prior to the 4th fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X