Collapse
No announcement yet.

King Kong Ortiz Speaks Out: No Fight vs Joshua on June 1st

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to put this to rest why did they not say what eddie offered? simple really or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Yes you can when Eddie said the replacement will get the same as Miller.

That's why people kept saying why would Ortiz turn down $6.5 mil. Well now we know. He wasn't offered it
      You know very well he wasn't going to get that amount.

Eddie might've been throwing that figure around to attract fighters, but they had to know they weren't going to get that.

Part of the reason Miller got so much was because he has ties to New York and because they were going to spend several weeks promoting the fight and Miller has a big enough mouth to help promote the fight.

You can't expect that Ortiz was going to get anywhere near that for a fight that's 5 weeks away with insufficient time to promote the fight and he has no ties to New York.

My guess is that he was offered $1-2M and they turned it down.

Comment

I don't care what the offer was, Ortiz said he will fight Joshua for free! Ortiz is a bytch!

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
          You know very well he wasn't going to get that amount.

Eddie might've been throwing that figure around to attract fighters, but they had to know they weren't going to get that.

Part of the reason Miller got so much was because he has ties to New York and because they were going to spend several weeks promoting the fight and Miller has a big enough mouth to help promote the fight.

You can't expect that Ortiz was going to get anywhere near that for a fight that's 5 weeks away with insufficient time to promote the fight and he has no ties to New York.

My guess is that he was offered $1-2M and they turned it down.
          Ties to New York doesn't matter. Ortiz is the bigger name.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
            I don't care what the offer was, Ortiz said he will fight Joshua for free! Ortiz is a bytch!
            This dumbass guy again.....

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              Don't think that's it. Miller is not a big name and the tickets are being sold because of Joshua, not Miller. It will still be a sellout or close to a sellout regardless of who Joshua fights on June 1st.
              The reason Miller was picked was because the fight was going to take place in New York. Miller is from New York and he has a big enough mouth to help promote the fight.

Luis Ortiz can't speak a lick of English and is based out of Miami. Why would he get $6M on short notice for a fight based in New York? He could not promote the fight the way Miller could.

He should've accepted the "low ball offer", which likely wasn't even that low.

I bet anything it was more than he got against Wilder ($500K)

My guess is $1-2M and they turned it down.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Whats wrong with seeing the small print & details to? The payday is obviously important, but the details are the most important thing.

For example I've been speculating that even if the payday made sense if the rematch agreement was unfavorable it could still be a lowball offer overall. So to reverse that if the payday was lowball-ish & the rematch agreement was favorable maybe taking short money gambling on getting paid in the rematch makes sense.

Nothing wrong with asking for the contract even if the purse hasn't been agreed to doe imo.

And I mean typically in these situations from my understanding they send out contracts to 2 or more guys, have them sign & then pick their preferred opponent & have the money guy sign that contract & the other one(s) get tossed in the trash. So Ortiz wasn't even close to being the guy on the short shortlist that Joshua was going to fight if Ortiz is being legit here if Matchroom didn't even send him a contract.
                Rematch agreement?? The guy is 40 ****ing years old and clearly near the end of the road. He isn't in any position to be picky over small contract details. My guess is he was promised a Wilder rematch and he figures that is an easier fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                  This dumbass guy again.....
                  Tell your daddy bytch Ortiz to stop lying, once you finish sucking him off

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Yes you can when Eddie said the replacement will get the same as Miller.

That's why people kept saying why would Ortiz turn down $6.5 mil. Well now we know. He wasn't offered it
                    How do you know he wasn't offered 6.5 million?

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
                      Luis Ortiz speaking to Boxingscene February 6 2019: “So look, if you want to fight I’m here and stop saying I priced myself out because I’ve never had no offers to fight you. With all respect to you for all you have done, I’ll fight you for just about any money you offer me so if you can’t work out the Miller fight, I’m here and ready. I’ll fight you in the USA or UK. It’s on you and if you think you’re that good and want to test yourself who better than me? Wilder and Fury are not available and I believe in my heart to be the best you must face the best."

Luis Ortiz April 23 2019: "Hearns low ball offers will not be accepted"
                      and there it was...

Comment

Working...
                      X