Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Keep 3 Back Packs Ready in Case Another Big Quake + Tsunami hit.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] I Keep 3 Back Packs Ready in Case Another Big Quake + Tsunami hit.

I was in Tokyo for the 3/11 Quake, Tsunami, and now Radiation still spewing.. But the Gov tells us not to worry, it is not that bad.. Some of my friends, other Expats, left a few days after and will never return, they tell me the Gov is lying to us.

Any way, we had a little Quake a few days ago, and I had to go into my 3 back packs, changed out the water, batteries, MRE, and other things.. I replaced survival kits, with better survival kits, and newer water purification devices, pills, safety kits, tiny stoves, tiny two person tent, and my knives.

People do panic when things go crazy, and Governments cannot always respond quickly.. I have a small, jap micro butane generator, and all kids of Japanese gadgets.

But, if Fuji blows, well, I won't be the only person fvcccked. My back pacs don't carry anti brimstone, lava, or oxygen tanks.

Jhonny has his own little back pack, and it is loaded with food for him..

what is the biggest threat where you guys live?

In case of the big one, I just have lots of guns and ammo.

Water? Food? Medicine?

Yeah, I'm taking that from someone who doesnt exercise their 2nd amendment rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post

Water? Food? Medicine?

Yeah, I'm taking that from someone who doesnt exercise their 2nd amendment rights.
      If I were in the US, that is my solution too. In Japan only the cops and gangsters have guns, so, I would probably take a Jap 38 away, and his extra ammo to start.

I like your solution.

Comment

that tsunami wont know what hit it !

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
          What's the farthest inland a tsunami can hit?

Gotta look up what happened in japan.

I'm in the valley. Not that close to the beach.

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
            If it hits, there are shelters that are on low hills, and even if we make it there, we are done.

My wife and I agree, we probably won't be able to outrun it, even in a car, traffic will be so bad.

Whenever a Quake hits, we check the news to see if there is a Tsunami warning. Our home is solid concrete, and can probably hold up to a big big quake, but if the tsunami comes, it will depend on how far away it is, and how fast it is travelling.. We lost friends in Sendai from the tsunami.

Comment

What's the farthest inland a tsunami can hit?

Gotta look up what happened in japan.

I'm in the valley. Not that close to the beach.
              I live walking distance to the beach.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...-1923-1764539/

There are some museums covering this topic locally. I am not inland at all..

We do practice drills in my hamlet every year, and non of us is ready for a big tsunami.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                I live walking distance to the beach.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...-1923-1764539/

There are some museums covering this topic locally. I am not inland at all..

We do practice drills in my hamlet every year, and non of us is ready for a big tsunami.
                I remember the Indonesian tsunami.

All those home videos of the wave coming while ppl was on the beach still.

Creepy, chilling.

That one was worst than the japan one I think.

That tsunami affected like Indonesia, Malaysia, philippines, all the way to thailand and vietnam.

Comment

I remember the Indonesian tsunami.

All those home videos of the wave coming while ppl was on the beach still.

Creepy, chilling.

That one was worst than the japan one I think.

That tsunami affected like Indonesia, Malaysia, philippines, all the way to thailand and vietnam.
                  It was way worse than the japanese tsunami. As you said, creepy and chilling..

Comment

Working...
                  X