Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The IBF never ordered GGG-Derevyanchenko. They can't strip him.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's even worse is the fact that Lou is willing to get his guy beat for a $4200 paycheck just to put pressure on GGG to defend.

As a fighter, I am not gonna fight the best middleweight on short notice, with a half ass training camp, for a bag of chips. This might be Sergiy's 1st and only shot at a title fight against a great opponent with a chance to make really good money - yet his promoter wants him to rush it, face a p4p top boxer, not have a full training camp, all while taking laughable amount of $.

Comment

Originally posted by Street15 View Post
      What's even worse is the fact that Lou is willing to get his guy beat for a $4200 paycheck just to put pressure on GGG to defend.

As a fighter, I am not gonna fight the best middleweight on short notice, with a half ass training camp, for a bag of chips. This might be Sergiy's 1st and only shot at a title fight against a great opponent with a chance to make really good money - yet his promoter wants him to rush it, face a p4p top boxer, not have a full training camp, all while taking laughable amount of $.
      There's something to be said about the ethic of taking opportunities when they come. Right now, GG is undefeated and looking vulnerable. What better time? Chances are that Golovkin will only be taking money fights after this so the opportunity may never come again. Plus, getting a title is not going to be any easier once Canelo, Charlo, etc are champ. What motivation would Lou have to put his guy into a no-money fight if not to give his fighter the opportunity he's been asking for?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        There's something to be said about the ethic of taking opportunities when they come. Right now, GG is undefeated and looking vulnerable. What better time? Chances are that Golovkin will only be taking money fights after this so the opportunity may never come again. Plus, getting a title is not going to be any easier once Canelo, Charlo, etc are champ. What motivation would Lou have to put his guy into a no-money fight if not to give his fighter the opportunity he's been asking for?
        I hear ya. Dangerous risk taking. Risk taking nonetheless. And GGG doesnt look vulnerable. He just didnt obliterate 2 good fighters. It happens.

Id much rather give myself a chance by having a real training camp and be ready when the opportunity arises than to rush it, get paid less than I would against a jacobs or canelo or charlo and end up at the back of the line, yet again.

Comment

Working...
        X