No announcement yet.

Ward: Most overrated/underrated win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward: Most overrated/underrated win

Ward has an amazing resume, with wins against anything from Froch, Kovalev, Kessler, Abraham, Dawson to Bika. It is inevitable, of course, that a man with such a resume will have some wins overrated and some wins underrated. These 2 wins are the ones that I feel people underrate/overrate the most.

Most overrated win: Chad Dawson. Don't get me wrong, Dawson is a good fighter. But he was obviously completely weightdrained and a shadow of his usual self. This win didn't mean a lot to me, but many people cite it as one of his best wins.

Most underrated win: Sullivan Barrera. People talk as if this win meant nothing, but it was a very solid win. Barrera is one of the best 175lbs fighters and he was Ward's first opponent at the weight. Barrera is, besides his loss to Ward, undefeated and just gave us a great perfomance in defeating the undefeated Vyacheslab Shabranskyy in a heated war.

Which wins from Ward do you think are most underrated/overrated?

overrated- kessler, as first of all i dont think kessler was that great and second of all he fouled repeatedly. I honestly cant say any of his wins is underrated cause each one is hyped up so much on this site, got people saying how great beating abraham was on one thread ffs

Comment

overrated: maybe dawson.

kessler was a great win, kessler was favored to beat ward, former unified champ, and ranked ahead of ward.

underrated: miranda, first legit big puncher ward faced and took away miranda power like no one had before.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        overrated- kessler, as first of all i dont think kessler was that great and second of all he fouled repeatedly. I honestly cant say any of his wins is underrated cause each one is hyped up so much on this site, got people saying how great beating abraham was on one thread ffs
        Kessler would beat Golovkin, bro. Kessler is bigger, stronger, more skilled and more tested against quality opposition. Kessler was a very good win.

These are Ward's top 3 wins:
        1: Kovalev
        2: Froch
        3: Kessler

Comment

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post
          Kessler would beat Golovkin, bro. Kessler is bigger, stronger, more skilled and more tested against quality opposition. Kessler was a very good win.

These are Ward's top 3 wins:
          1: Kovalev
          2: Froch
          3: Kessler
          he wasnt, people say who has golovkin beat but who the **** did kessler beat. Fought three good opponents, ward, froch, calzaghe, got whooped in two of them and then won and lost to froch. Dont want to bring up the whole judges debate but i cant count kovalev as a win cause i thought kovalev won clearly, just cause three americans said the american won doesnt mean he really won in my eyes.

Comment

he wasnt, people say who has golovkin beat but who the **** did kessler beat. Fought three good opponents, ward, froch, calzaghe, got whooped in two of them and then won and lost to froch. Dont want to bring up the whole judges debate but i cant count kovalev as a win cause i thought kovalev won clearly, just cause three americans said the american won doesnt mean he really won in my eyes.
            Dude, I'm not American. I'm white. And European. Ward won a close but clear fight against Kovalev and that's it, stop whining.

Kessler's 1 win against Froch is better than anything on Golovkin's resume and if a welterweight could knock Golovkin into a state of jellylegs (don't force me to find the gif), then imagine if he was getting hit by Kessler.

Hell, I could even just mention Librado Andrade from Kessler's resume. He was big, undefeated, almost defeated Bute and KOed Stieglitz. Andrade would beat everyone that Golovkin has fought, lol.

Golovkin is an illusion, get over it and start thinking realistic. His punching power is real, but he would lose against any elite fighter.

As for Kessler getting whooped against Ward and Calzaghe. Yeah. He did get whooped. But he had the courage to fight them, unlike Golovkin, and we all know that they would clown Golovkin anyway.
            Last edited by Banko Villas; 12-17-2016, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Kessler was favorite to win the Super 6.

GGG's resume is hyped up more than Ward's, and GGG's resume is ****.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Kessler was favorite to win the Super 6.

GGG's resume is hyped up more than Ward's, and GGG's resume is ****.
                that tells you how dog**** the supersix line up was considered to be then if kessler was the favourite, nothing special about him whatsoever, just a solid good all rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post
                  Dude, I'm not American. I'm white. And European. Ward won a close but clear fight against Kovalev and that's it, stop whining.

Kessler's 1 win against Froch is better than anything on Golovkin's resume and if a welterweight could knock Golovkin into a state of jellylegs (don't force me to find the gif), then imagine if he was getting hit by Kessler.

Hell, I could even just mention Librado Andrade from Kessler's resume. He was big, undefeated, almost defeated Bute and KOed Stieglitz. Andrade would beat everyone that Golovkin has fought, lol.

Golovkin is an illusion, get over it and start thinking realistic. His punching power is real, but he would lose against any elite fighter.

As for Kessler getting whooped against Ward and Calzaghe. Yeah. He did get whooped. But he had the courage to fight them, unlike Golovkin, and we all know that they would clown Golovkin anyway.
                  You're in the wrong site bro.

This site generally thinks GGG beats a prime Kessler:

2016: "Prime vs Prime GGG vs Kessler @ 168" Poll: 15-25 in favor of GGG

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=719778

2013: Who wins @ 168; 64 - 29 in favor if GGG.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=615615

Comment

that tells you how dog**** the supersix line up was considered to be then if kessler was the favourite, nothing special about him whatsoever, just a solid good all rounder.
                    Clearly you weren't around at the time. Calzaghe and Kessler were #1 and #2, after Calzaghe retired December 2008, Kessler was the best SMW by default. 168 was a hot division with a lot of young hungry fighters. Carl Froch, Olympic Gold medal winner Andre Ward, Olympic Bronze medal winner Andre Dirrell, undefeated Arthur Abraham, and veteran Jermain Taylor.

Comment

Working...
                    X