No announcement yet.

GGG vs Arlen Lopez - Best Fight in Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
    Dude, I gave you BOXING reasons why I think that. Instead of offering a counter arguments in BOXING terms, you're complaining about 'is this a boxing board'.

Correct - my point is not that all pros are better than amateurs, but that a career amateur would most likely lose their first fight in the pros if they're matched up against a top fighter. The best MMA fighter of all time would lose against any top20 boxer in their first match. It's a different skillset. There's more rounds, different gear, different approach, etc., not even to mention the experience. Having experience of getting hit in the head without headgear over the course of 12 rounds, by world, or at least B+ pros, is VASTLY different than getting hit in the head for 3 rounds by some young kid. It's not even close.

Not even the top pros in Japan are being moved up that quickly. Inoue, who has an impressive resume for a young kid, fought some D- level fighters in his first few bouts in order to get him acclimated to the pros.

Please don't misunderstand - there's a good chance that Arlen Lopez can turn out to be a great pro. He seems to have good skills and power. But to suggest that this kid can come in and challenge a hardest hitting, olympic medalist with 10 years of pro experience is absolutely laughable. Right now, at this moment, Golovkin knocks him out in 1 round, and any top20 fighter (which was my original statement), knocks him out in 4-5.
    I get what you mean, Lomachenko is a rare talent and one of the best amateur records of all time. But Salido managed to "rough him up" with pro tricks and handed him his first loss. Same way Hopkins used to do, you could have someone more talented and physically gifted but Hopkins was smart about the pro game and could outfox other fighters.

Comment

Maybe this wave and the next wave of cubans won't have biscuit chins like the others now they don't wear headgear. They might be used to taking a shot.

Comment

165 pounds? Since when was that a weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by Sup View Post
          Am & pro weight classes are slightly different.

Comment

Originally posted by Sup View Post
            Since before you started pretending to be a boxing fan clown.... Seriously is reading that hard for you that you can't see the context of the discussion is amateur boxing vs professional boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              Dude, I gave you BOXING reasons why I think that. Instead of offering a counter arguments in BOXING terms, you're complaining about 'is this a boxing board'.

Correct - my point is not that all pros are better than amateurs, but that a career amateur would most likely lose their first fight in the pros if they're matched up against a top fighter. The best MMA fighter of all time would lose against any top20 boxer in their first match. It's a different skillset. There's more rounds, different gear, different approach, etc., not even to mention the experience. Having experience of getting hit in the head without headgear over the course of 12 rounds, by world, or at least B+ pros, is VASTLY different than getting hit in the head for 3 rounds by some young kid. It's not even close.

Not even the top pros in Japan are being moved up that quickly. Inoue, who has an impressive resume for a young kid, fought some D- level fighters in his first few bouts in order to get him acclimated to the pros.

Please don't misunderstand - there's a good chance that Arlen Lopez can turn out to be a great pro. He seems to have good skills and power. But to suggest that this kid can come in and challenge a hardest hitting, olympic medalist with 10 years of pro experience is absolutely laughable. Right now, at this moment, Golovkin knocks him out in 1 round, and any top20 fighter (which was my original statement), knocks him out in 4-5.
              dont know why people cant understand this^. lomachenko was arguagly greatest amateur of all time and he lost his 2nd fight to salido whos just a tough rugged guy with 13 losses. it takes a few fights to adjust to the pro's

Comment

Alren Lopez just won the gold in Rio, I stand by my statement. Arlen Lopez vs GGG is the best fight that can be made in boxing.

Obviously GGG will be the favourite but we have here two highly skilled, strong fighters with great punching power and better than good boxing acumen.

Arlen has already competed in some 20 fights that are pro-level fights as they are 5 rounds long.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                  dont know why people cant understand this^. lomachenko was arguagly greatest amateur of all time and he lost his 2nd fight to salido whos just a tough rugged guy with 13 losses. it takes a few fights to adjust to the pro's
                  Wasn't Salido a champ and didn't Salido need 20 something low blows?

So Salido didn't knock him out in the 1st and he was a top 2 guy at 126. Came in overweight, looked like a welterweight, fought in Texas where he was probably on steroids. Used low blows and almost got taken out in the final round by Loma. Stop the BS. The Salido-Loma fight is not indicative of how Arlen will do vs guys like Stevens, Rubio, Geale and the rest of them guys. He'll just blow em out like GGG did.

Comment

Working...
                  X