Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nigella Lawson's husband choking her out in public.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
    If you can't read my posts and understand my rationale I don't know what else to add, seriously. I think the link to the photos is inappropriate end of story. I was a super mod on a much larger site than this for three years, no way we would let stuff like this fly. But then again this a fun loving free hating site that lets lots of questionable material by.
    You're not a mod and this is a totally diffferent site.

If you don't like a LINK to a story, get your coat and run along.

Comment

If you can't read my posts and understand my rationale I don't know what else to add, seriously. I think the link to the photos is inappropriate end of story. I was a super mod on a much larger site than this for three years, no way we would let stuff like this fly. But then again this a fun loving free hating site that lets lots of questionable material by.
      I bet it was an arts and crafts website.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
        You're not a mod and this is a totally diffferent site.

If you don't like a LINK to a story, get your coat and run along.
        That much is true it is a totally different site one that is decidedly less respectful to women and I'm not going anywhere moron.

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        I bet it was an arts and crafts website.
        Right then.

Comment

That much is true it is a totally different site one that is decidedly less respectful to women and I'm not going anywhere moron.

Right then.
          I'm sorry, but how is this site not respectful towards women?

Because a poster has linked a story that is all over the national papers and the internet?

I thought forums were a place for discussion, and in particular, the Lounge is where anything topical can be, and is discussed.

The OP has merely linked a story, that in no way has he suggested he is pro-violence towards women (in nature to the story)

Comment

I'd argue that seeing these photos adds to the shock value and helps perpetuate disgust and contempt for this man who has abused wife, only raising awareness and aiding the fight against domestic abuse.

Comment

Hmmm, that looks like my post and I seem to not agree with Mayweather's actions, what do you think genius?
              I think you're embarrassing yourself.

Let's see. That whole post you quoted was about defending Mayweather, with a disclaimer thrown in. Apparently we have to disassociate Mayweather the boxer from Mayweather the man.

Erm, why?

Shall posters on art collecting forums judge Saatchi purely on his profession, like you want us to do with Floyd?

Now, if you're super sensitive about violence against women, especially as you have two daughters, I can sort of understand that. But being super-senstive and then imploring a forum to judge Mayweather only on what he does in the ring, and forget that he beat up the mother of his kids in front of his kids.....how the fock is that even compatible?

See, I've got a Diego Corrales sig. Chico was a wife-beater. It makes me very uncomfortable.

But you know what I don't do?

I don't freak out when the topic of domestic violence comes up and act sanctimonious when someone posts a link to an article/pics that is huge news.

I don't tell people that they should judge Chico solely on his boxing skills, and that what he did outside doesn't matter to us.

I didn't join in the pile-up on Floyd when he was sent down, because I know the sport has always had fighters who are violent towards women, and for me to single out Floyd would be hypocritical.

One last thing. Please don't ever apply to become a Mod here.

Comment

Wouldn't it be lovely if Slip Stream admitted he just got completely owned, rather than come back with a 7 paragraph, 3 quote riposte?

Comment

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
                  I'm sorry, but how is this site not respectful towards women?

Because a poster has linked a story that is all over the national papers and the internet?

I thought forums were a place for discussion, and in particular, the Lounge is where anything topical can be, and is discussed.

The OP has merely linked a story, that in no way has he suggested he is pro-violence towards women (in nature to the story)
                  In theory these forums should be a place to discuss sensitive topics like this one but is that what's happening in this thread, "a discussion?" Judging from some of the comentary I don't feel the least bit enlightened, so no I wouldn't directed my kids to this site to be enlightened about or dicuss violence against women. As to the OP, I'm not going to beat a dead horse.

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                  I'd argue that seeing these photos adds to the shock value and helps perpetuate disgust and contempt for this man who has abused wife, only raising awareness and aiding the fight against domestic abuse.
                  You might be right about that, it could add shock value but the Internet is filled with shocking pictures of women that have had violence done to them and the sheer volume of that information doesn't appear to be detering or raising a lot of awareness. Have you followed the link I provided, it couldn't be any more clear about what women face all around the world?

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                    Wouldn't it be lovely if Slip Stream admitted he just got completely owned, rather than come back with a 7 paragraph, 3 quote riposte?
                    Owned by whom simplton?

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                      I think you're embarrassing yourself.

Let's see. That whole post you quoted was about defending Mayweather, with a disclaimer thrown in. Apparently we have to disassociate Mayweather the boxer from Mayweather the man.

Erm, why?

Shall posters on art collecting forums judge Saatchi purely on his profession, like you want us to do with Floyd?

Now, if you're super sensitive about violence against women, especially as you have two daughters, I can sort of understand that. But being super-senstive and then imploring a forum to judge Mayweather only on what he does in the ring, and forget that he beat up the mother of his kids in front of his kids.....how the fock is that even compatible?

See, I've got a Diego Corrales sig. Chico was a wife-beater. It makes me very uncomfortable.

But you know what I don't do?

I don't freak out when the topic of domestic violence comes up and act sanctimonious when someone posts a link to an article/pics that is huge news.

I don't tell people that they should judge Chico solely on his boxing skills, and that what he did outside doesn't matter to us.

I didn't join in the pile-up on Floyd when he was sent down, because I know the sport has always had fighters who are violent towards women, and for me to single out Floyd would be hypocritical.

One last thing. Please don't ever apply to become a Mod here.
                      Oh, I just read your simple-minded post and no you didn't own me. I've written other posts about Mayweather's behavior but that was the most recent. There's no disclaimer in it, just the facts as I see them. Floyd was convicted of DV, nothing I can say will soften the image of the man in my mind.

How you choose to address a matter is for you alone to determine, I'm not you so don't expect to approach a situation as you would, seriously that takes zero time to understand, We're two different people. I reacted the way I did because I have two daughters, one of which is with a young man of questionable character, so as a dad I react as that.

You're obviously a father with daughters and you choose to behave differently than I do, okay but don't ask me to bury my head in the sand and say nothing.

This is a boxing site dude, B-O-X-I-N-G. What I get very tired of are "fans" that hate on Mayweather for reasons that have nothing to do with the sport, they drag whatever animus they have in other areas and choke up discussions here. That really bugs me. You'll get guys who take time to really explain a fighter's technique and so forth only to be rebutted with childish language and or behavior.

Oh, and I wouldn't want to become a Mod here on a dare. When I was moderating on a different site I sent my fellow Mods a link to this site and they were pretty stunned with the stuff that gets through here. I love boxing so I stick around that's about it. I have no grand plans beyond that doofus.....

Comment

Working...
                      X