Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Two Welterweight Divisions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crawford beats all of them. He's the total package. Like all of them combined.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
      They say Spence never faced a real puncher.

What is the biggest puncher Crawford fought? Indongo?

Spence is much more tested that Crawford.
      We all seen what happened when Crawford fought Gamboa, Gamboa seems to think Crawford might have been using something.
      Regardless of what Gamboa thinks though, Gamboa was a midget at 135lbs small in weight and in stature, yet Crawford had a hard time actually working clean on Gamboa.

If you all forgot let me remind you Spence is another top amateur, but he isn't anywhere near as small and is inactive as Gamboa was at that time, Crawford is all hype atm what can you gauge from beating a guy that a 40yo Pacquiao already busted up?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Skull View Post
        We all seen what happened when Crawford fought Gamboa, Gamboa seems to think Crawford might have been using something.
        Regardless of what Gamboa thinks though, Gamboa was a midget at 135lbs small in weight and in stature, yet Crawford had a hard time actually working clean on Gamboa.

If you all forgot let me remind you Spence is another top amateur, but he isn't anywhere near as small and is inactive as Gamboa was at that time, Crawford is all hype atm what can you gauge from beating a guy that a 40yo Pacquiao already busted up?
        My point exactly. They hype a guy whose best win is a school teacher who got a strange gift decision against 40 years old Pacquiao.

Comment

Great observation about welterweight rarely having a barren era.

There always seems to be legitimately good talent floating around at 147. No matter who comes and goes.

I hope a unified champion emerges out of this current crop. That guy would be universally respected and a mainstream stream star (or very close to it.)
          Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 06-14-2018, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
            I come to give the writer some love for a good write-up and I see these dumba*s comments smh

Boxing fans are some of the most negative, contradictory, unsophisticated bunch across the sports landscape. The above comments reflect that.
            Nailed it.

I've been saying this for a while. Boxing has some of the best fans (in sports) but by far the worst. Unfortunately the good and bad used to be like 75% good, now I think it's like 30/40% good - if that.

Too much racism, accusations, contradictions, nutthugging, hating and a total inability to be fair or respect the sport, the fans and the competitors.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... maybe because Brook came from a KO, a broken jaw, and two divisions North?...
              Do you think he would've beaten Spence before fighting GGG?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Skull View Post

Gamboa was just being bitter. You could tell when he even said Crawford wasn't strong or didn't hit him hard compared to others. Then why did he KO you then? Bud is also enrolled in random testing and is bigger, better and stronger since that fight.

That was also Crawford's first real showcase fight, first time with a truly elite opponent, first fight back in his hometown and he was a 2-1 underdog. That win was huge at the time. Just because he ruined Gamboa (who had fought multiple times at 135 & even years prior) doesn't take the shine off. Look at the fighter Bud came because of that experience. Sort of the way Lomachenko became a great fighter after the Salido experience.

Spence was rocked by Lartey also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxaALlNBce4

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                  Do you think he would've beaten Spence before fighting GGG?
                  ... ... I only wanted to say that Spence wasn't "tested" vs a damaged Brook, who came from a KO, a broken jaw, and two divisions up... (in fact I was rooting for Porter vs Brook, and for Spence vs Brook as well)...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    ... ... I only wanted to say that Spence wasn't "tested" vs a damaged Brook, who came from a KO, a broken jaw, and two divisions up... (in fact I was rooting for Porter vs Brook, and for Spence vs Brook as well)...
                    Spence is very much an eye test guy to this point. It’s very hard to really gage the Brook win. There’s no way Brook got better or was equal (to what he was prior) from jumping up two weigh classes (a lot of muscle added too), getting his face caved in and simply destroyed by a guy like GGG to coming back down 13 lbs and jumping straight in with Spence.

The Peterson performance was good but Peterson had not only been off for a while but he was very lucky to escape with a bit of a gift against Felix Diaz. He was clearly past his best.

Spence definitely has the respect of fellow pros and insiders so there’s merit in that and he does look a truly fantastic offensive force but he’s not without faults. His feet are slow and not that good period, his head movement is minimal/non existent making him easy to hit, his offense is predictable also. His determination and size are big advantages though I’ll give him that but I think against an equally determined sharpshooter like Bud who has strengths that will further expose those glaring weaknesses then I see a lot of people being surprised how defensively Bud beats Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                      Spence is very much an eye test guy to this point. It’s very hard to really gage the Brook win. There’s no way Brook got better or was equal (to what he was prior) from jumping up two weigh classes (a lot of muscle added too), getting his face caved in and simply destroyed by a guy like GGG to coming back down 13 lbs and jumping straight in with Spence.

The Peterson performance was good but Peterson had not only been off for a while but he was very lucky to escape with a bit of a gift against Felix Diaz. He was clearly past his best.

Spence definitely has the respect of fellow pros and insiders so there’s merit in that and he does look a truly fantastic offensive force but he’s not without faults. His feet are slow and not that good period, his head movement is minimal/non existent making him easy to hit, his offense is predictable also. His determination and size are big advantages though I’ll give him that but I think against an equally determined sharpshooter like Bud who has strengths that will further expose those glaring weaknesses then I see a lot of people being surprised how defensively Bud beats Spence.
                      ... as I said few days before: Spence fought above 147 in 13 of his 23 fights... I guess he feels strong against these smaller guys...

Comment

Working...
                      X