Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: Other Welterweights Will Be Cautious After Horn Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crawford is a great fighter but if he's not up against Spence/Thurman/Garcia/Porter next people are gonna be disappointed even if it's not his fault. 147 has a strong top 5 but after that it's big dropoff. Bob will push for the Pac-Matt winner I'm guessing.

Comment

Repeating my post from this morning...

I see the same comments talking about Crawford being to slick and technical for Spence from the same crowd that was saying Rigo would beat Loma, and that Lara would beat Hurd.

Floyd got y'all drunk with that stuff lol

There are weight classes for a reason. Ask yourself this, if Spence was able to press and break Kell Brook who's big and very strong at WW, what do you think will happen to a guy giving up 2 inches in reach and nearly two in height? There's not some huge disparity in skills or comp between the two. Y'all going to be real quiet when they meet. But I guess I should be used to it.

Comment

He might be right about some welterweights avoiding him but not Spence. Spence is fearless and he will fight him. In my opinion Spence is better than Crawford and will knock him out if they fight. Crawford is an excellent welterweight and I think he beats all other welterweights except Spence.

Comment

I doubt it

Comment

I believe Bud has more in his locker than Spence. Brook was doing well against Spence before his eye went and I definitely think TC is all round better than Kell. Maybe not stronger than Brook or Spence but still strong enough to put the hurt on any WW out there. Shame he and Loma are too far apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
              Crawford is a great fighter but if he's not up against Spence/Thurman/Garcia/Porter next people are gonna be disappointed even if it's not his fault. 147 has a strong top 5 but after that it's big dropoff. Bob will push for the Pac-Matt winner I'm guessing.
              But TC versus Matthysse would tell us nothing. Let's hope Pacman wins if Bob's got the winner lined up for Bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post

I see the same comments talking about Crawford being to slick and technical for Spence from the same crowd that was saying Rigo would beat Loma, and that Lara would beat Hurd.

There are weight classes for a reason. Ask yourself this, if Spence was able to press and break Kell Brook who's big and very strong at WW, what do you think will happen to a guy giving up 2 inches in reach and nearly two in height? There's not some huge disparity in skills or comp between the two. Y'all going to be real quiet when they meet. But I guess I should be used to it.
                And the same crowd who said Ward would be too slick for Kovalov.

Your acting like Hurd/Lara wasnt close??

I never said Rig. would beat Loma. Most ppl I know said Rig. was foolish moving up 2 weight classes for that fight. I always said there should of been at least a CW.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Show View Post
                  Who's he beat?
                  Who's beaten him?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    And the same crowd who said Ward would be too slick for Kovalov.

Your acting like Hurd/Lara wasnt close??

I never said Rig. would beat Loma. Most ppl I know said Rig. was foolish moving up 2 weight classes for that fight. I always said there should of been at least a CW.
                    Ward v. Kovakev is a bad example imo b/c I don't think I've ever heard people refer to Ward as "slick". Imo he's a very intelligent fighter but also a very very physical guy who fought at LHW as an amateur. I personally think that fight doesn't fit this mold. But we all know that first fight wasn't some resounding win either lol

But to your latter point, it's not about whether the fights were close, it's about how people talk about them that annoys me lol I firmly believe that Floyd has an outsized influence on the minds of fans and that leads them to say these hyperbolic statements about "slick" fighters that aren't connected with reality lol

I think Bud is the A level but so is that other guy named Spence lol The size will be decisive in that fight. I actually think a guy with a style like Canelo or Toney (guys who can make you miss on the inside and counter) has a better shot than a guy with Bud' s style does with Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post

Lara did beat Hurd imo. I predicted he would, although he lost technically.

Anyways, Spence beats Crawford no doubt. It's not going to be as close as people think. Spence will be too much for him, I see a possible stoppage. Although Crawford has great skills and you could say he is slicker, he won't be able to keep Spence off him and he won't be able to take the punishment either. Spence will break him down and stop him late.

Comment

Working...
                      X