Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which fighter had the best quality win 2013?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rigondeaux has the single best win.

Comment

Rigo.

Donaire was better and way more proven than Matthysse and was fighter of the year last year. Mulitu-Division champion who hadn't had a close fight in a while.

Comment

Rigondoe"....

Comment

all i know is fighters of the year should either be bradley (marquez and provodnikov with one a FOTY) or Stevenson (assuming he beats bellew) (Dawson, Cloud, Bellew)

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            The greatest win of the year was Gonzalez TKO1 over Mares, BY FAR.

If there was a win of the year, that would be it.

Rigondeax-Donaire was difficult to call for me, I called it a close fight.

Gonzalez-Mares? I thought Mares was going to straight up knock poor Gonzalez out, especially since he's been on the slide. That was just shocking.

1. Gonzalez-Mares
            2. Rigo-Donaire
            3. Mayweather-Canelo
            4. Stevenson-Dawson
            5. Garcia-Matthysse(Came out exactly how I thought it would)
            Yeah I agree, Mares was coming off an impressive stretch , undefeated and top 10 p4p. No one and I mean no one gave Gonzales a shot in hell to beat Mares. He goes out and gets a ko in round 1.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
              The former, "who beat the best fighter" and "best overall in your opinion".

Choose one JL
              Hm... That's really tough and this is a good question. Based on the official decisions, I'm not sure I can choose one. for me it's hard to choose the overall "best" because they're all in different weight classes so personally I can't say who's better then who but from official W's I would have:

Rigo over Donaire (donaire was P4P fighter)
              Gonzalez over Mares (mares undefeated champ)
              Kovalev over Campillo (campillo arguably unified champion, got obliterated)
              Bradley over JMM (p4p win)
              Wlod over Chakhkiev
              Adonis over Dawson

But my absolute top 2, besides Rigo, if the judges weren't incompetent in Argentina this day and if the referee wasn't incompetent and called the 2-3 missed KD's would be:

Murray over Martinez
              Prov over Bradley

Obviously they didn't get official wins so I didn't include them.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                The greatest win of the year was Gonzalez TKO1 over Mares, BY FAR.

If there was a win of the year, that would be it.

Rigondeax-Donaire was difficult to call for me, I called it a close fight.

Gonzalez-Mares? I thought Mares was going to straight up knock poor Gonzalez out, especially since he's been on the slide. That was just shocking.

1. Gonzalez-Mares
                2. Rigo-Donaire
                3. Mayweather-Canelo
                4. Stevenson-Dawson
                5. Garcia-Matthysse(Came out exactly how I thought it would)
                Kev you're my boy and one of my favorite posters on here but how the hell did you score Rigo vs. Donaire as a close fight? WTF?

Comment

Floyd beating Canelo and Danny beating Matthysse were the highest quality wins of 2013. And Gonzalez beating Mares was a solid upset.

I wouldn't call Rigondeaux's amateurs'-style - running for 10 rounds and getting dropped in the process - decision over Donaire a quality win.

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
                    Kev you're my boy and one of my favorite posters on here but how the hell did you score Rigo vs. Donaire as a close fight? WTF?
                    Difficult to call/called it a close fight, meaning my prediction.

The fight itself was a near shutout excluding the cheap shot KD of Donaire.

Comment

Gonzalez over Mares

Comment

Working...
                      X