Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Will Win Ring Magazine's Fighter Of The Year Award For 2013?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Floyd fights in September against a top 10 fighter, or even Canelo, then he would undoubtedly win it. Last time he fought two times in a year, was 2007 when he fought DLH and Hatton, he won FOTY that year. Beating Guerrero and Canelo, two top 10 P4P fighters and top 3 in their weight class, including winning 2 Ring titles in two different weight classes, is definitely FOTY material.

Same can be said for Canelo, beating Trout and then some one like Cotto[#3 ranked] or the Lara-Angulo winner, would put him as the heavy favorite to win FOTY. Let's face it Trout>Guerrero, and then if Floyd fights Alexander or some one like that, you could also say Cotto>Alexander or Cotto>Any WW not named Marquez or Pacquiao.

There's Rigondeaux if he can get another top 10 win, he'd have a serious shot. I mean he upset the "2012 FOTY" Nonito Donaire easily, if he can get a win against Darchinyan or a fighter like that, a world class fighter with a name, he'd have a strong case.

I don't think Garcia can win it TBH. Beating Judah, despite him being top 5 at JWW, is hardly an accomplishment nowadays. Matthysse however, can win it if he beats Peterson and then Garcia. But Garcia beating Judah and then Matthysse just isn't enough to compete with guys like Mayweather, Canelo, Rigondeaux. In fact Matthysse beating Peterson and Garcia would compete just a little bit with some one like Floyd[Guerrero, Alexander/Canelo] or Canelo [Trout, Mayweather/Cotto/Lara-Angulo winner].

I think it's really a two man race if you are being realistic with yourself, that race is between Mayweather and Canelo. Rigondeaux is the wildcard.

Comment

Garcia is gonna fight Mayweather in September IMO and Matthysse will be left to rematch Judah or some bull.

Fighter of the year is up for grabs.

Comment

Originally posted by bravestone View Post
        Garcia is gonna fight Mayweather in September IMO and Matthysse will be left to rematch Judah or some bull.

Fighter of the year is up for grabs.
        If Floyd fights twice, it'll probably go to him
        I think it'll be him if he fights Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by PrettyBoyRoy 88 View Post

I think it's really a two man race if you are being realistic with yourself, that race is between Mayweather and Canelo. Rigondeaux is the wildcard.
          yeah thats true pretty much this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

if rigo and mares happen to fight each other then one of them will win it, or if someone beats floyd. too hard to say now

Comment

it could easily be garcia, matty or canelo BUT the big wildcard to me is golvkin, whom already ko'd rosado & ishida this year, if he ko's macklin in june & ko's or looks great in his next opponent against decent opposition.. he should def take it with 3 to 4 ko's this year.

Comment

Mikey Garcia so far, he has Juanma next. Another quality opponent at the end of the year then he deserves it.

Comment

Bradley after he puts a schooling on Marquez. One dramatic war and one boxing masterpiece = a hell of a year.

Comment

Very early to say.

Canelo if he beats Cotto?
                    Golovkin for Rosado, Ishida, Macklin and Murray?
                    Froch for Kessler and Hopkins?
                    Matthysse for Dallas Jr., PEDerson and Garcia
                    Hopkins for Cloud, Murat and Froch?

I'm sure there are others I have omitted.

Will Rigondeaux win it when they still don't have him in the PFP list?

Comment

Fights need to be finished and I'd need to see the fights being made for the end year..

As of now I'd put my top 3 choices with the winner being chosen depending on their next fight and if they win/lose by december 31st..

Canelo/Garcia/Matthysse

Comment

Working...
                      X