Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Article: "Floyd to pursue tune-up against Malignaggi if he avoids jail sentence"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the level of fighter that Mayweather should continue with. He will make money and I doubt he cares what fans say anymore.

Comment

• Floyd is sinking to a new low! Haha this fight wouldn't sell more than 500k buys. Hang your head in shame Floyd you FRAUD!

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        OK, granted I can see that cuz Paulie had 2 fights with Juan Diaz(GBP fighter) prior to being linked to Floyd, and an another after against Khan before signing with Golden Boy.

But, in the bold wouldn't that mean that they were serious in making that fight then? That he tried to push Floyd to fight Paulie? More so than Campbell or Canelo or Hatton or Cintron or whoever else was mentioned at the time?

As far as I know no other opponent was mentioned to Richard Sturm other than Malignaggi at the time. And, my whole point that Malignaggi was the lead candidate for the March 13 date. Or are you saying there is no March 13 date at all?

That was until Berto pulled out, and credit to Floyd when he saw the opportunity he jumped up and signed to fight Shane.
        The March 13th date was for Mayweather-Pacquiao. It died with it. Unless you seriously believe Floyd was going to go ahead and use that date even though Pacquiao was fighting that same night. HBO would rather bring Don King back before they would do something like that. And Pacquiao-Clottey was made the instant Manny walked away from negotiations (probably before). So there went the March 13th date. Or else, they would've just picked it up for the Mosley fight when he pulled out. Anyway, I imagine Richard Schafer was just doing what he does. There is nothing, nothing that suggests Floyd had any interest in that fight. And the proof is in the pudding - he dropped his date and sat on his hands until the Mosley bout fell like manna from the sky.

Comment

• Hey, people!

This is your chance to see the most boring fight in the history of boxing.

Mayweather vs Malignaggi

These boxers have basically the same style. I have no idea who's going to engage first.
          Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          This is also your chance to say, "Styles don't make fights!"

Comment

• I don't hate this fight, but it better not be on PPV.

Comment

• But he has still not responded to Pacquiao offering to waive any and all limitations on blood testing.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/oth...#ixzz14pEQy9Km

/Thread Unless You Dont Believe In Facts And Logic. Pac did not agree to unlimited random blood testing. Facts are their for all of you to see pac f@cked up the first negotiations, thats an undisputable fact, the second negotiations can be blamed on both but Pac lied about agreeing to higher standard of drug testing just like this worthless article trys to promote even after that lie has been exposed.

Comment

• So this is what it has come down to? Not surprised

Comment

• 28 people picked the feather fisted Paulie to stop Mayweather. Floyds stock dropped alot since he came back from forced retirement(by other welterweights)

Comment

• March 11, 2010:

Speaking with the Los Angeles Times , Arum said MGM/Mirage president Richard Sturm turned down the opportunity to host Manny Pacquiao vs. Joshua Clottey because the date of March 13 was reserved by Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer. Golden Boy had date reserved for two possible fights, Roy Jones Jr. vs. Bernard Hopkins and then it was eyed for Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Paulie Malignaggi. Neither fight played out for the date. Arum thinks the company showed favoritism by holding the date for two fights that weren't finalized.
                    "Golden Boy had told me at the time that they planned to bring in Mayweather versus another opponent - Malignaggi at the time," Sturm said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=25950

:laugh:

Comment

Working...
                    X