No announcement yet.

How many of you think that Angulo quit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    It's not like I've tried either, but I'd think that it's a fairly big difference between Breaking a jaw and breaking an orbitalbone.

In the case of the jaw you know that it's 'just' a jaw and a massive amount of blood. You know that you'll be ok even though the pain is excruciating.

In the case of the orbitalbone, you are not sure what it is. All you know is tat it's painfull as hell and the pain is in your eye. IF you KNEW that you wouldn't be blind, it would be relatively easier to fight on. But you dont and thats the difference.

Is it worth fighting on if you'll be blind?
    TO some it isn't... therefore they quit.

To others, such as Margarito, it is worth it... so they continue.

It's ok to agree with Angulo quitting for the sake of his vision... however, it's still quitting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      duran nor ODH were hit with a punch when they quit. they weren't reacting to a punch they were preventing.
      They'd both been hit plenty up until that point. Or did you not see how swollen Oscar's face was after the fight or did you not hear how Duran complained about severe stomach cramps after the fight?

You said they weren't "hurt" when they quit, not that they weren't "injured." There's a difference.

they were like dwight howard against the spurs game 4. he purposely got thrown out so he wouldn't be on the floor when they lost.
      I don't watch the NBA regularly, so using these type of comparisons have no effect on me whatsoever. Please, keep it to boxing discussion.

to me it does. if you get hurt and cant continue I see that differently than I do quitting. just because some people choose to continue when hurt doesn't mean those that dont quit.
      Angulo could continue. Ortiz could continue. It's been documented before. Look at Abraham or Margarito for similar injuries. They just didn't want to, so they decided to quit.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
        TO some it isn't... therefore they quit.

To others, such as Margarito, it is worth it... so they continue.

It's ok to agree with Angulo quitting for the sake of his vision... however, it's still quitting.
        You are right. Margarito had something else driving him I think. I'm quite sure that he'd have died in the ring that night, in some brutal demonstration of honour, warrior-mentality or what you wanna call it.

Angulu can now live to fight another day. What about Marg?

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          You are right. Margarito had something else driving him I think. I'm quite sure that he'd have died in the ring that night, in some brutal demonstration of honour, warrior-mentality or what you wanna call it.

Angulu can now live to fight another day. What about Marg?
          Not really here to discuss whether or not it's the right move for yoru career or your future.

I'm just separating what is quitting and what is not quitting.

Comment

• I can't believe this thread has gone on for this long.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
              Not really here to discuss whether or not it's the right move for yoru career or your future.

I'm just separating what is quitting and what is not quitting.
              Ok.

He quit. I just think there's a difference to the Abraham - Miranda fight (where AA got a ton of help by the referee, doctors and officials including prolonged breaks not in the rule book).

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                They'd both been hit plenty up until that point. Or did you not see how swollen Oscar's face was after the fight or did you not hear how Duran complained about severe stomach cramps after the fight?

You said they weren't "hurt" when they quit, not that they weren't "injured." There's a difference.

I don't watch the NBA regularly, so using these type of comparisons have no effect on me whatsoever. Please, keep it to boxing discussion.

Angulo could continue. Ortiz could continue. It's been documented before. Look at Abraham or Margarito for similar injuries. They just didn't want to, so they decided to quit.
                Respectfully, your problem is you think broken is the same in every case. you cant assume every broken bone is equal. Ortiz jaw was a compound fracture. was abrahams?

Labelling it quitting because another fighter with a similar type of injury kept fighting is always problematic, unless you know they both have the exact same degree of injury.

I dont see how angulo could continue to fight given his injury. We agree you can play hurt but you cant play injured. Angulo was injured, ortiz was injured. Margarito and abraham weren't. if they were they couldn't of continued.

(note the above reads pretty bad and I will be getting **** for it)
                Last edited by The Big Dunn; 06-12-2013, 12:54 PM. Reason: because I made myself look stupid

Comment

• Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
                  I can't believe this thread has gone on for this long.
                  some people seem to think that the definition of the word "quit" changes if you respect the fighter in question.

angulo stopped boxing, held up his hand, and turned away. that is the definition of quitting.

he's not a coward, but he did quit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    Respectfully, your problem is you think broken is the same in every case. you cant assume every broken bone is equal. Ortiz jaw was a compound fracture. was abrahams?

Labelling it quitting because another fighter with a similar type of injury kept fighting is always problematic, unless you know they both have the exact same degree of injury.

I dont see how angulo could continue to fight given his injury. We agree you can play hurt but you cant play injured. Angulo was injured, ortiz was injured. Margarito and abraham weren't. if they were they couldn't of continued.
                    WOW....just, wow.

Comment

• Of course you can play injured.

Fighters have legit broken their hands AND continued.

Were they injured? Yes... Did they continue? Yes.

Dunn, you are frustrating because you are not a stupid person... but to sit there and say that Angulo COULD NOT have continued is just pure ignorance.

You choose to ignore the difference between an INABILITY to continue, and choosing to not continue.

Nobody questions the guy was in pain... but theres a difference between being PHYSICALLY UNABLE to continue... and choosing to stop because of pain.

Abraham wasn't injured? What in the ****?
                      Last edited by THE REED; 06-11-2013, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X