No announcement yet.

If Pacquiao beats Thurman he has to rank over Floyd historically

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingTrav View Post
    Cheated scales win. Lol. What about the 4th fight? That was the L. That loss is something that Floyd never did against anyone including common opponents. Thus Floyd's record against common opponents is better. Thanks
    Duran has been koed but he's greater than hagler. Pac has more wins over jmm so that is greater than one cheated scales win. It's even better than one convincing win without cheated scales. 3 wins is better than 1 win. 2 wins even is better than 1 win.
    Being 8 division titilist is harder to do than being unbeaten...since when has an unbeaten record equated to entitlement to being considered the best? Joe calzaghe is not entitled to anything, neither is sven ottke so why should floyd be? .Being unbeaten has been done countless times, people are bored of it.

There are many reasons why a man can have losses on his record, whether You was drained, not in your prime, or had an off night or gave opponent 4 attempts. It happens and it don't take away your greatness, and there are just as many reasons why you'd have an unbeaten record, whether you were given gift decisions, fought in your own country only, drained people or just wanted things in favour all the time.

But what can't be mistaken is showing your greatness by taking risks being 8 division champ. That's harder to fake and is less down to luck. You won't see another 8 division titilist in your lifetime. There's no hiding place when your 8 division champ. There are hiding places to being unbeaten. Sven ottke, jc, and Floyd know that. Floyd knew that whilst ducking thurman to fight berto, Ggg and nelo at 152lb.

Pac s best of era already. Pac beating thurman confirms what Floyd already knows. You can tell Floyd he's greater than Pac as much as you want, and he will love to hear it, but he don't believe you.
    Last edited by hugh grant; 05-16-2019, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Floyd is the better boxer, and manny is such a likable guy & warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        Floyd is the better boxer, and manny is better fighter such a likable guy & warrior.
        Yes, agreed

Comment

floyd duck thurman when he's still 36 now pac is a part time boxer and 40 he will fight thurman and hater are making excuses for thurman. lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
            Manny doesn't have the abilities to accomplish what Floyd did, IE being undefeated at the top for 20 years.

Floyd doesn't have the abilities to do what Manny did, IE moving up through 11 divisions winning titles in 8 divisions and stopping top dudes twice his size...

They are both very unique fighters who accomplished unseen things in boxing history.
            I hate this notion that a fighter being a multi weight champ means e everything. I'm not saying it just in pacs case, I mean for everybody. Rarely do these weight Jumpers fight "the man" or real champ in a division(sans Bud and Loma)

Also Pac and Floyd actually weighed about the same. Except Filipinos don't have a real amateur program so like a lot of countries they just fight mediocre comp as a replacement for amateurs. Pretty sure at age 18 Pac and Floyd weighed Identical. Not to mention Manny was more than likelh Malnourished before he started boxing. I think he's an amazingly great boxer, but that multi weighf champ thing is often bs

Comment

Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
              I hate this notion that a fighter being a multi weight champ means e everything. I'm not saying it just in pacs case, I mean for everybody. Rarely do these weight Jumpers fight "the man" or real champ in a division(sans Bud and Loma)

Also Pac and Floyd actually weighed about the same. Except Filipinos don't have a real amateur program so like a lot of countries they just fight mediocre comp as a replacement for amateurs. Pretty sure at age 18 Pac and Floyd weighed Identical. Not to mention Manny was more than likelh Malnourished before he started boxing. I think he's an amazingly great boxer, but that multi weighf champ thing is often bs
              And Filipino boxers are not protected and don't cherry pick his opponent unlike the boxer from the us they keep protecting the 0 record.

Comment

I think your in the minority. People think unbeaten records are bs. Floyd resume might be less B S than sven ottkes but that's not saying.much and doesn't change fact Floyd unbeaten record is still bs, just to a lesser extent.
                If being 8 division titilist is easy anyone should be able to do it shouldn't they? Floyd should be able and willing to cherry pick a weak 160 champ. Why not fight nelo?. Floyd beat him once, why not again? Surely there.must be a weak 168lb champ Floyd could fancy his chances against. One of the alphabet belt holders maybe?
                See, it's not easy
                Last edited by hugh grant; 05-16-2019, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  I think your in the minority. People think unbeaten records are bs. Floyd resume might be less B S than sven ottkes but that's not saying.much and doesn't change fact Floyd unbeaten record is still bs, just to a lesser extent.
                  If being 8 division titilist is easy anyone should be able to do it shouldn't they? Floyd should be able and willing to cherry pick a weak 160 champ. Why not fight nelo?. Floyd beat him once, why not again? Surely there.must be a weak 168lb champ Floyd could fancy his chances against. One of the alphabet belt holders maybe?
                  See, it's not easy
                  I think floyd can fight upto 160lbs he's a big welterweight but i think he can't beat even a contender in that division.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
                    I think floyd can fight upto 160lbs he's a big welterweight but i think he can't beat even a contender in that division.
                    Big WW, Floyd lol , you really show what you dont know about boxing.

How does a guy from 130 become a big WW, big WWs begin at WW.

Comment

Floyd started boxing at 130 by the age of 19 years old.

Manny at 19 was a 112 pounder, and by the age of 25 was still a 126 pounder wich is lower than a 19 years old Floyd.

By the age Floyd was a welterweight, Manny was still fighting at 130 where Floyd was fighting by the age of 19.

So I disagree with that Flomesque urban legend that Floyd and Manny are/were/ coulda woulda been about the same size.

Comment

Working...
                      X