Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Does Crawford's Contract End With Top Rank?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Does Crawford's Contract End With Top Rank?

When is he expected to renew or has he already?

From my understanding of how Top Rank works is you don't get the decent fights unless you re-sign so I'm confident Crawford is in a contract with Top Rank past the Indongo fight or he signed an extension to get the Indongo fight.

And fair play to TR for that strategy. All the logical sh^t a promoter should do to gain edges with fighters Top Rank does them better then anyone else in the business so they get max upside from their fighters. Its not likely to bring good feelings & good karma with their relationships with fighters & is likely just one of the reasons most guys who get big leave him, but for their bottom dollar I'm sure it works out great.

Comment

No time soon

Comment

You sign to the rank you die with it

Comment

I fully expect someone like crawford to stay with arum till the end.

Yall gotta remember NO ONE wanted Crawford, no one offered him a deal after the amateurs, No one was calling his phones, their was no interest from anyone for crawford. It wasnt till Mikey Garcia told his manager and bob arum that they need to sign crawford that hes a special talent and off Mikey word they gave crawford a contract and signed him to top rank.

I feel that crawford is gonna be just like pacquaio and fell like he owes everything to arum who took the chance on em and made him into what he is, so there gonna be no desire or whatever to want to change it up.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY!. View Post
            I fully expect someone like crawford to stay with arum till the end.

Yall gotta remember NO ONE wanted Crawford, no one offered him a deal after the amateurs, No one was calling his phones, their was no interest from anyone for crawford. It wasnt till Mikey Garcia told his manager and bob arum that they need to sign crawford that hes a special talent and off Mikey word they gave crawford a contract and signed him to top rank.

I feel that crawford is gonna be just like pacquaio and fell like he owes everything to arum who took the chance on em and made him into what he is, so there gonna be no desire or whatever to want to change it up.
            PBC didn't exist in 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              From my understanding of how Top Rank works is you don't get the decent fights unless you re-sign so I'm confident Crawford is in a contract with Top Rank past the Indongo fight or he signed an extension to get the Indongo fight.

And fair play to TR for that strategy. All the logical sh^t a promoter should do to gain edges with fighters Top Rank does them better then anyone else in the business so they get max upside from their fighters. Its not likely to bring good feelings & good karma with their relationships with fighters & is likely just one of the reasons most guys who get big leave him, but for their bottom dollar I'm sure it works out great.
              Crawford can't do PPV.

Rather see him on PBC making 1mil-1.5 per fight, twice a year. He needs to be with his other American brothers and have Sugar Ray Leonard commentate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                PBC didn't exist in 2011.
                but haymon did. PBC is not a promotional company. Haymon signs people, pbc is just branding.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY!. View Post
                  but haymon did.
                  Advisory is not a platform being hosted on a network.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                    Advisory is not a platform being hosted on a network.
                    neither is toprank.

Haymon had more pull on HBO than toprank did back in those days.

but anyways who gives a fuck about pbc or whatever.

That was the reason I give for me believing crawford will ride it out with toprank till the end.

Comment

Working...
                    X