Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10th anniversary of Pacquaio vs Barrera 1..questions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10th anniversary of Pacquaio vs Barrera 1..questions?

On 15 November,2003..the rise of Manny Pacquaio began with an impressive knock out win over undisputed featherweight champ and P4P ruler Marco Antonio Barrera..who had been on an 11 fight winning run..beating the likes of Morales,Tapia and Hamed.

1.Where do you rank this fight among Pacquaio's best wins?

2.What was the reason behind this one sided ferocious beatdown?

3.How did Pacquiao beat prime barrera but lose to a shot morales?

4.What upset in the current boxing world could match the upset result of this fight...GGG moving up dominating then koing Ward?

i have it as his best win together with the cotto fight

Comment

one of his best wins for sure, he utterly dismantled Barrera

Comment

Pac was an animal that night.

Comment

1. His absolute best.

2. A mix of an unknown fighter going against one of the best p4p greats of that time. I don't think Barrera took him lightly, but I also do believe he wasn't aware of the machine that was Manny that night. His speed and power combination was something that I think Barrera wasn't expecting to be such a problem to deal with

3. Styles plus the difference in height and reach maybe caused Manny more problems. Morales was a matchup nightmare for just about anyone.. And his heart was still nothing that could be taken away from him

4. I think GGG is a real good fighter.. so I'd say someone like Jhonny Gonzalez going up in weight and defeating Mikey Garcia

Comment

All joke aside...PAC lost to Morales because of two thing, PAC was moving up in weight to fight Morales who looked physically bigger then PAC, also the headbutt which caused the cut played a huge part in the lost. I believed the cut was sustained in round 4-5 and PAC had to fight with it throughout the fight. I'm not saying he would have won but it clearly affected him...and he still won 5rds with the cut, one away from a draw.

Comment

Dawson getting absolutely crushed by Stevenson was as big of an upset.

That said:

It was Manny's best Win
              His speed and Barrera's lack of right hand and strategy helped Manny beat the crap out of Barrera
              Morales' chin was much better than Barrera's was and his right hand and strength coming forward
              An upset on that level would be Pacquiao beating Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
                All joke aside...PAC lost to Morales because of two thing, PAC was moving up in weight to fight Morales who looked physically bigger then PAC, also the headbutt which caused the cut played a huge part in the lost. I believed the cut was sustained in round 4-5 and PAC had to fight with it throughout the fight. I'm not saying he would have won but it clearly affected him...and he still won 5rds with the cut, one away from a draw.
                Morales gave the 12th to Manny. Manny really only won 4 on his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
                  Morales gave the 12th to Manny. Manny really only won 4 on his own.
                  Yea if the fight was close I doubt Morales would have fought like that in the 12th. But winning 4rds with a huge cut like that is still bad azz lol. I believe that without the cut PAC should be able to win 2rds out of 6-7rds to make it a draw. Whatever it is PAC lost so move on lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
                    Yea if the fight was close I doubt Morales would have fought like that in the 12th. But winning 4rds with a huge cut like that is still bad azz lol. I believe that without the cut PAC should be able to win 2rds out of 6-7rds to make it a draw. Whatever it is PAC lost so move on lol.
                    yeah Manny is a warrior and one of my faves. I think this trilogy gets underrated.

Comment

Working...
                    X