No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse-Kiram HBO Doubleheader Peaks at 769,000 Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
    There a big difference between HBO and ESPN, Showtime. HBO doesn't allow you to stream live fights while both Showtime and ESPN do. I myself and I know a lot of other people who stream fights through the Showtime app. All the views via streaming apps aren't counted by the Nielsen ratings.
    Incorrect. This is exactly how I watched this fight Saturday. Streamed it from HBO on my laptop. Also how I watch GoT, and other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
      Incorrect. This is exactly how I watched this fight Saturday. Streamed it from HBO on my laptop. Also how I watch GoT, and other stuff.
      Yup I streamed the fight last weekend on DirectvNow. The idea you can't watch a stream of HBO fights is a flat out lie.

Comment

Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post
        Damn that's been posted since Sunday
        You ain't got anything New to post about
        shiiiiiiiit
        Thanks for noticing! Look at my page I post almost weekly and I only brought this topic up twice. Nice try and stop following me :P

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          That's a bold face lie you can stream HBO on slingtv, directv now, Playstation Vue ect. There are tons of folks who cut the cord and still watch HBO solely via streaming. Also folks who pay for HBO through traditional cable and satellite provder can watch streaming live by login to those provider apps for example xfinity, verizon all have their own apps you use. HBO doesn't provide their own app for live stream only on demand but they let you use the app for xfinity or if you don't have cable you can buy it from slingtv ect if you a boxing fan and want to watch live.

This is the new excuse when showtime gets shyt ratings well everyone is watching by streaming like the rest of the entire industry ain't in the same boat and losing ratings to streaming. The ratings are what they stop these BS excuses.
          Considering that HBO is in a lot more homes like 40% more mutliply that HBO number by .6 to get an apples to apples comparison.

More so if you want to use ESPN which is in like two to three times as HBO, and like 5 times more than Showtime.

If you want to use statics accurately.

I also remember you saying pure eyeballs don't matter so don't come back with that.

Comment

A million used to be absolute garbage for HBO, then over a million became good as their product declined and less became interested as a result. There are some other factors involved but there is a direct correlation between a decline in HBO boxing budget and overall boxing viewership on HBO. SO that is playing a large role in what is going on.

Fast forward a few years and 25% decline is now considered decent?

That is a far cry from the undisputed king of boxing days building champs one round at a time~

It sucks I miss that but don't try to put lipstick on a pig and tell me that is the winner of a beauty contest.

Comment

That number is way too high. Matthysse has been looking like garbage and he looked like garbage in this fight. Linares is still basically unknown. Both opponents were unknown. These numbers seem as fake as the Matthysse stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                Considering that HBO is in a lot more homes like 40% more mutliply that HBO number by .6 to get an apples to apples comparison.

More so if you want to use ESPN which is in like two to three times as HBO, and like 5 times more than Showtime.

If you want to use statics accurately.

I also remember you saying pure eyeballs don't matter so don't come back with that.
                That's a bold lie as of last year the difference in homes that HBO is (29%) in vs Showtime (24%) was only 4% only a slight difference not 40% lol. Where as ESPN is in 74% of homes almost 3X as many homes.

https://sportstvratings.com/how-many...stimates/7433/

HBO PRIME 33,856 29%
                SHOWTIME 29,014 25%
                ESPN 87,859 74%

EDIT: 4% not 5%
                Last edited by bigdunny1; 01-30-2018, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1
                  That's a bold lie as of last year the difference in homes that HBO is (29%) in vs Showtime (24%) was only 5% only a slight difference not 40% lol. Where as ESPN is in 74% of homes literally 3X as many homes HBO.

HBO PRIME 33,856 29%
                  SHOWTIME 29,014 25%
                  ESPN 87,859 74%
                  4.8 million is not a 5% difference~ on those numbers

That would be like 14%, last numbers I looked at were like 31 to 22 from 2015, and I am sure your numbers are including streaming where as Nielson is just tv and is probably closer to the numbers I am talking about.

So multiply by .86 and you would get apples to apples on your number for if showtime and hbo has equal screens and then double it and do .72 and you are talking just TV.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    That's a bold lie as of last year the difference in homes that HBO is (29%) in vs Showtime (24%) was only 5% only a slight difference not 40% lol. Where as ESPN is in 74% of homes almost 3X as many homes.

HBO PRIME 33,856 29%
                    SHOWTIME 29,014 25%
                    ESPN 87,859 74%
                    Parroting numbers is different than actually understanding stats. Thanks for making that clear

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      4.8 million is not a 5% difference~ on those numbers

That would be like 14%, last numbers I looked at were like 31 to 22 from 2015, and I am sure your numbers are including streaming where as Nielson is just tv and is probably closer to the numbers I am talking about.

So multiply by .86 and you would get apples to apples on your number for if showtime and hbo has equal screens and then double it and do .72 and you are talking just TV.
                      Nope does not include streaming.

Here are the Nielsen U.S. cable channel (includes satellite & telco providers too) coverage estimates as of February 2017.

These are the number of households that Nielsen estimates actually receive each network. The percentage coverage calculation is based on Nielsen’s estimate of total homes in the U.S. with televisions.

HBO is in only 4% more homes in the US then Showtime according to Nielson. Unless you have new data that says otherwise. Far from the HBO is in 40% more homes bullshyt lie you tried to peddle. And in 2015 HBO was in 6.7% more homes. But go on keep lying
                      Last edited by bigdunny1; 01-30-2018, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X