Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Adrien Broner the modern day James Toney?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Ezzard Charles
    Archie Moore
    Bob Fitzsimmons
    Chris Byrd
    Billy Conn
    Eddie Mustafa Muhammad
    Roy Jones
    Floyd Patterson

That's just the top of my head. There's more than that.

World's better than Lacy how? What's Jirov's best win? Jirov much like Lacy was just another overhyped champion knocking out bums.
    Those guys you've listed are some of the greatest fighters ever.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      it's impossible to take the guy seriosuly when james toney is mentioned. have no idea where there hate came from, but getting in all of th wars, and getting his butt kicked in histor on the topic has made him pretty damn ridiculous.

usually a good poster, definitely a floyd lover to the point of his judgement being swayed,, but a good poster. but when james toney is mentioned you just can't take him seriously any longer.
      I've interacted with him numerous times over the years and he's a good guy from all I've seen, except when it comes to Toney.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Einstein View Post
        Good skill set, but lacks discipline and never truly made it to the elite level due to their lack of discipline?/ Losses all their big fights but are due to beat atleast a few top guys after awhile?
        Broner is a B Level fighter, Toney is a A+ Level fighter. Went from 160 to Heavyweight. Broner feasted on smaller scrubs the majority of his career and can't even handle fighters his own size.

Comment

can yall please stop making excuses for broner and guys like him?

he doesnt lack discipline, he's just not that good.

Comment

Broner reminds me of Devon alexander. Both have great skill sets against inferior competition but the second any adversity shows they crumble and end up fighting to there opponents strengths.

Both can exhibit flashes of greatness but that's the keyword flashes there is not consistently focused skill in there bouts I always enjoy watching both but I'm under no illusions what I'm seeing is elite or can be. I rate Alexander slightly more then broner as a man and boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by serious box View Post
              Broner reminds me of Devon alexander. Both have great skill sets against inferior competition but the second any adversity shows they crumble and end up fighting to there opponents strengths.

Both can exhibit flashes of greatness but that's the keyword flashes there is not consistently focused skill in there bouts I always enjoy watching both but I'm under no illusions what I'm seeing is elite or can be. I rate Alexander slightly more then broner as a man and boxer.
              I’d say he’s more like Nadeem Hamed. Only about 2-3 guys on his resume and he got his ass kicked by the best one he fought.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                it's impossible to take the guy seriosuly when james toney is mentioned. have no idea where there hate came from, but getting in all of th wars, and getting his butt kicked in histor on the topic has made him pretty damn ridiculous.

usually a good poster, definitely a floyd lover to the point of his judgement being swayed,, but a good poster. but when james toney is mentioned you just can't take him seriously any longer.
                Getting my butt kicked in the history section Please.

I am clearly fair to James Toney. If I was a "hater" I could easily say he lost to Sanderline Williams (I had him winni g) he lost to Merqui Sosa (I had him winning) Reggie Johnson was robbed (I had Johnson winning but either way and respect the decision) he lost to McCallum twice was got a gift (had first a draw and second a loss but both either way and respect the decisions) Montel Griffin won clearly twice (had it 1-1 but both either way so respect the decision)

I could easily put a biased slant on all of those but I don't.

I merely speak the truth that he performed poorly consistently and struggled to dominate top level fighters for the most part. That is a fact and I have clearly backed that up with evidence.

You consider that "hate" What is all this "hate" garbage? Such a feminine way to look at things.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
                  Those guys you've listed are some of the greatest fighters ever.
                  Ok......

And?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    Don't argue with Rustydan, the guy acts like he knows about the sport but I famously educated him on a number of boxing history point and he avoids me ever since.

His MO is to quote boxers from 50 years ago in the hopes that makes him sound knowledgeable. I guarantee he will do that to you too.
                    It's funny because this deluded remedial probably believes this ****.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Getting my butt kicked in the history section Please.

I am clearly fair to James Toney. If I was a "hater" I could easily say he lost to Sanderline Williams (I had him winni g) he lost to Merqui Sosa (I had him winning) Reggie Johnson was robbed (I had Johnson winning but either way and respect the decision) he lost to McCallum twice was got a gift (had first a draw and second a loss but both either way and respect the decisions) Montel Griffin won clearly twice (had it 1-1 but both either way so respect the decision)

I could easily put a biased slant on all of those but I don't.

I merely speak the truth that he performed poorly consistently and struggled to dominate top level fighters for the most part. That is a fact and I have clearly backed that up with evidence.

You consider that "hate" What is all this "hate" garbage? Such a feminine way to look at things.

dan, you look foolish when you talk about james toney. FFS you just said comparing him to adrien broner was appropriate.

Comment

Working...
                      X