Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the excuses are to duck martinez now..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe team Martinez threw 150 out there just for attention. They're banking on the notion that Floyd won't shrink them to 150 & give them 154. But they don't know Floyd. He'll fight Oscar, Cotto & ginger at 154, but he'll bring Martinez to 150 for sure. Bottom line, fight won't happen.

Comment

• I hope this fight doesn't happen at that stupid weight, I think Martinez should stick to 160 and hope Mayweather challenges him at that weight for his own legacy, anything else is just either dumb or a fighter looking for a payday AKA Chad Dawson style.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
        Predictable huh? All this noise sounds similar to the rabid, frothing-at-the-mouth, demands when people wanted mayweather to face Mosley. The one the same obsessive loons call "old, past-his-prime" Mosley.

The thread starter can't actually state WHEN Mayweather was supposed to have fought Tszyu. He can't remember the clear and obvious fact that Mayweather wanted to fight Mosley in 2006, but ironically it was MOSLEY that wanted a vacation (watch the video, TS, and learn something). The thread starter can't remember that it was Top Rank that walked away from a 50/50 with more stringent testing deal for Pacquiao (testing that they now want if they face Marqez again... more irony). But why let facts get in the way of a nonsensical and biased rant,eh?

I'll ask again. Would the thread starter, or anyone else give Mayweather credit for fighting Martinez, who is the same age as Mosley was when Mayweather beat him (Prime? Really?), at a catchweight of 150lbs?

The reason I ask, is that the thread starter states Mayweather has never faced a prime, top class opponent and that he always waits for the right opportunity instead of taking a risk. Well... how is fighting a 38 year old Sergio Martinez at 150lbs supposed to change his mind? It just shows his logic is as mixed up as his boxing knowledge.
        Thread killed. End of discussion.

Comment

• Come on now, Martinez who? Martinez is a bum who fights over-matched, smaller dudes, he needs to move up to 168 or 175 to prove he is worth anything, until then,take him out the P4P.

Comment

Working...
          X