No announcement yet.

What separates fighting men from "boxers"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dariusz View Post
    As I said yesterday, Kownacki should fight Dubois vs. Joyce winner.
    That would be a good fight for the winner of Dubois/Joyce..... and straight into a good ranking and possible eliminator for mandatory....... hopefully it happens later this year

Comment

You've got to grow up in a caravan park

Comment

Obviously all boxers are fighting men to a degree. 99% of the general public wouldn’t have the bollocks to get in the ring with another man trying to take your head off. But i think within the context of boxing, you do have fighters that are just made of tougher stuff than others. Maybe it’s just something you’re born with, or from your upbringing.

In Fury’s culture, the best thing you can be is a good fighting man. So it’s really second nature to them. It’s what they’re thought from the time they can walk. If you quit, you’re basically a coward and bring shame on your family name. It’s better to get knocked out than quit. Fury would never spit out his gum shield and stand in the corner waiting to be waved off like AJ did. Where he’s from, it’s just not the done thing. Even if you take a low level gypsy fighter like Tom Little, he’s been punched around the ring and stopped etc..but there’s not an ounce of quit, he fights until he has to be saved. Andy Lee was the same. It’s just a cultural thing, they take that seriously. Obviously there’s always exceptions.

Chisora did an interview last Sunday and he said unless you’re prepared to die in the ring or go to dark places, you can’t beat Fury. It might sound dramatic but what it means is that someone like Fury is prepared to go to the depths if he has to, usually he doesn’t need to, but the way he’s raised means he will..but are his opponents ready to?

Look at Vitali, he got a shoulder injury v Byrd and said “it hurts too much” and asked for the fight to be stopped. Do you really think Fury would do that? Floyd had a similar injury and never asked to be pulled out. Some people have something in them that make them want to be winners at all costs. Whether it’s upbringing, ego or whatever.

A lot of Mexican fighters are similar. I think it’s just really part of the fabric or their boxing culture. You saw Chavez Jr. Get pelted when he quit v Jacobs. You just don’t do it as a Mexican fighter. So most know not to quit or show weaknesses and then it becomes part of their mentality to be a fighting man, win or lose.

Comment

All I know is: Scots aren't fighting men...ask Alex Salmond and his 50lbs belly fat.

Where is that skirt wearing Scot from Glasgow, Makavelli? He has been quiet since Wilder got battered. LMAO.

Comment

All ATG from all Eras where elite boxers first and foremost then fighting men dig deep phone booth fights . Two of the best ATG .... Floyd and Manny two of the best ever , technical boxer with fighting spirits from heart when things went off track of plan A . Skills pay Bills money may.. Can’t hit what you can’t see even great manny says if he would just stand still I could punch him .

Comment

Working...
            X