No announcement yet.

Andre Ward salty assphook with Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boy Jones Jr. View Post
    the super six is the most overrated tourny ever. Everyone said that division was trash because Calzaghe was the king. As soon as Ward wins, suddenly 168 was murderers row. Thats revisionist history. Dude never fought anyone outside his country. And most feel he lost to Kovalev.
    Yes and let's not forget how he avoided Lucian Bute like the black plague.

Comment

So Joe beat Kessler, and it was a different era?

Ok, if you say so. Just like you say ward isnt arrogant but everyone agrees he is.
      He lost to Joe and he is also younger than Joe. Joe was retief before the super 6 even happened and was a light heavy by 2006-07,

The super 6 started in 09 and calzaghe was almost 40...again not the same era and Kessler was one if not the oldest and experienced of the super 6 entrants

Come on man keep up

Comment

So Joe beat Kessler, and it was a different era?

Ok, if you say so. Just like you say ward isnt arrogant but everyone agrees he is.
        Everyone means all and obviously everyone would include me and those who posted he's not....sorry

Comment

andre ward left a ton of money on the table at the end of his career. canelo and golovkin would be reasonably targets for a pay per view at around 170 lbs or so, and i think ward could make it. he'd have made more in one canelo fight than he made in the entirety of his career with goossen, rocnation. and if he won, which vegas would expect, he'd have been a household name overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantera_ View Post
            Yes and let's not forget how he avoided Lucian Bute like the black plague.

bute lost to carl froch. he developed a head of steam in the minds of foreigners who resented andre ward's successes. want to tell me who he was beating at the time? can you not see how horribly you overrated the guy after carl froch, a fighter who hardly won two rounds against ward, beat him up?

the guy wasn't in froch's class. go watch that fight again! and froch was not in ward's! froch didn't even want a ward rematch. he said so! and nobody called for it because of the huge gap in class between the two.

sheesh, it's like you guys didn't watch boxing at the time but instead just visited boxingscene and trusted in NSB.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              bute lost to carl froch. he developed a head of steam in the minds of foreigners who resented andre ward's successes. want to tell me who he was beating at the time? can you not see how horribly you overrated the guy after carl froch, a fighter who hardly won two rounds against ward, beat him up?

the guy wasn't in froch's class. go watch that fight again! and froch was not in ward's! froch didn't even want a ward rematch. he said so! and nobody called for it because of the huge gap in class between the two.

sheesh, it's like you guys didn't watch boxing at the time but instead just visited boxingscene and trusted in NSB.
              I mean...2 of the judges, in the US, gave Froch 5 rounds man...as did I...I think there was only one winner in that fight, which was Ward...but it was a tough fight, with Ward separating himself early and then kind of coasting to the finish line...he didn't really put on a clinic.

Also...Froch definitely wanted a rematch...wanted it at home
              https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/boxing/22700397

And the point about Bute...is that Ward said the winner of the Super six should face Bute...then when Ward won, just 2 fights after he made the comments about the winner facing Bute, he said Bute doesn't deserve it, because he hadn't been fighting anyone...apparently failing to realize that Bute was fighting the best available guys not in the Super 6, which he wasn't invited to lol.

And then when Bute signed to fight Froch, Ward said Bute was ducking him lol...I mean how anyone can take Andre seriously, I have no idea man.

Comment

Again, he never took a fight unless the cards were stacked in his favor. He refused to fight Dawson at 175 in case you forgot.
                right...well said man...I really don't understand how some really hype up Ward so much, and don't factor in what you just said...I mean I don't think most of his fans actually watched a lot of his fights or something...like where were these great skills in his fights? He was good at mucking up rounds...but he was not dominant really in any area against any other good fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  You need to stop calling Canelo little. He is short but very heavy and muscular. He only jumped up one division not two and the proof of that is he will fight at 168 from now on. Wait and see.
                  Exactly, Canelo is built like a tank

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    dude whatever makes you feel better, he was the least experienced of the super 6 tournament and won it.....nothing was stacked in his favor and he beat all comers, then went on to beat the monster at 175....enjoy your revisionist history...ta ta
                    Bro...the Super 6 was entirely in his backyard...why did Kessler, the number 1 seed, have to come fight Ward in Oakland CA lol...I mean it's just a lot of shady sh.it like that with Ward.

The dude was a tough smart fighter in there...I don't take that away from him...but yeah I mean if you don't agree that he was protected, I mean come on man.

Fighting all of his fights at home...most of them in his literal backyard...never travelling, always needing some sort of judging or reffing help to get over the line (besides the Froch fight which was still like 7-5)...I mean not every one of your guys is going to be a stud man lol.

The Ward worship from some people is just sad really...people can't keep it real on fighters to save their life...always about hyping guys from their crew and slighting everyone else.

If Ward was Mexican and had the type of career he had, fighting always at home, getting some shady/questionable decisions/some help...you would call him a Grade A Bum!!

Sad that 95% of the posters on here are so consumed by race that it is all they see with fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
                      Bro...the Super 6 was entirely in his backyard...why did Kessler, the number 1 seed, have to come fight Ward in Oakland CA lol...I mean it's just a lot of shady sh.it like that with Ward.

The dude was a tough smart fighter in there...I don't take that away from him...but yeah I mean if you don't agree that he was protected, I mean come on man.

Fighting all of his fights at home...most of them in his literal backyard...never travelling, always needing some sort of judging or reffing help to get over the line (besides the Froch fight which was still like 7-5)...I mean not every one of your guys is going to be a stud man lol.

The Ward worship from some people is just sad really...people can't keep it real on fighters to save their life...always about hyping guys from their crew and slighting everyone else.

If Ward was Mexican and had the type of career he had, fighting always at home, getting some shady/questionable decisions/some help...you would call him a Grade A Bum!!

Sad that 95% of the posters on here are so consumed by race that it is all they see with fighters.
                      he was protected fighting a world champion with like 19 fights and others back to back....OK....were any of the fights close? not really exccept the froch fight

revisionist history at its best

"my guys" i have no guy....you just simply have an agenda, if you dont like the guy cool...doesnt change the fact he fought the best at 168 and had the best resume of his era there

no one even brought up race...im not going there

Comment

Working...
                      X