Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any tips for reducing alcohol/sugar crave?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    A banana blended with cold almond milk tastes better than ice cream or any other sweets
    Didnt know that 1 brother! Thanks for that, I will try it out tonight!! I might buy a vanilla protein to add to it after my workout...

Comment

yeah I might give that a try too

Comment

Keep in mind, if you are trying to reduce sugars, you are fking yourself over by drinking something like almond milk + a banana. An average banana has 30grams of carbs and and almond milk (let's use a big seller like Silk vanilla almond for example) has 16g per glass making a whopping 46grams of carbohydrates. More than a can of Coke!

Now, the banana + milk will digest a little slower but you're still not doing yourself a favor if you're trying to diet. Rather, throw in a scoop of whey protein and you have an ideal post-workout shake.

We tend to think that natural foods are healthier (which they are in many senses) but healthy for you does not translate into diet smart. For dieting, you need to be very careful about fruits and beverages because most contain more sugars than we tend to realize. Always look at the nutritional data sheet, even if you need to look it up online.

Comment

Meditate when you have the urge to at home

Comment

Super green blended powder drinks has always worked for me ,a few months drinking it your taste buds change and quickly realise the soft drinks and sweets you consume taste like raw sugar that is unpleasant . The trick is getting aquired to the taste ,today they do come in more flavors like berry or vanilla ......you WONT like this at al if you are really a junk food junkie ...warning in advance .

Look up some studies of sugar addiction and Super greens for yourself ,

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Keep in mind, if you are trying to reduce sugars, you are fking yourself over by drinking something like almond milk + a banana. An average banana has 30grams of carbs and and almond milk (let's use a big seller like Silk vanilla almond for example) has 16g per glass making a whopping 46grams of carbohydrates. More than a can of Coke!

Now, the banana + milk will digest a little slower but you're still not doing yourself a favor if you're trying to diet. Rather, throw in a scoop of whey protein and you have an ideal post-workout shake.

We tend to think that natural foods are healthier (which they are in many senses) but healthy for you does not translate into diet smart. For dieting, you need to be very careful about fruits and beverages because most contain more sugars than we tend to realize. Always look at the nutritional data sheet, even if you need to look it up online.
              I use unsweetened Almond Milk that you can get from Costco

Are carbs from fruits as evil?

Comment

I use unsweetened Almond Milk that you can get from Costco

Are carbs from fruits as evil?
                Going unsweetened is great, if you can stand the taste. I prefer soy milk because it has significantly more protein.

Sugars from fruit are preferable, mostly because you're getting vitamins and a little fiber along with it. But, when dieting, don't fall into the trap of thinking of fruit as guilt-free snacking. Those calories are real and there's more sugar in fruit than many people realize.
                I think it's important to eat fruits, just be aware of your intake when you're dieting.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Going unsweetened is great, if you can stand the taste. I prefer soy milk because it has significantly more protein.

Sugars from fruit are preferable, mostly because you're getting vitamins and a little fiber along with it. But, when dieting, don't fall into the trap of thinking of fruit as guilt-free snacking. Those calories are real and there's more sugar in fruit than many people realize.
                  I think it's important to eat fruits, just be aware of your intake when you're dieting.
                  Interesting

I avoid soy due to what I read about the estrogen effects

Comment

Interesting

I avoid soy due to what I read about the estrogen effects
                    There's no meaningful studies that support that. Billions of Asians use soy as a key component in their diets. You'll see bodybuilding and men's health sites (which happen to have whey protein makers as major advertisers) push the ides though, in some research, soy actually reduced estrogen.

Food industries are very powerful. The sugar industry was able to lobby hard enough to get stevia banned in the 80's because it was a threat to their business. It was absolutely absurd. I've no doubt that much of the misinformation people read about soy is related to soy milk cutting in on the dairy industry.

Comment

Go T total for a month I know its hard to do thats because sugar is ADDICTIVE! You need to go to rehab and stay off the shhit for a month bro, then you wont want it as much or need so mcuh of it. You just wont feel like it.

Do it because sugar ruins your health they think now that its worse that saturated fats!

Comment

Working...
                      X