No announcement yet.

My thoughts on David Price

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    Just like when Khan fought Garcia, I thought Khan would win on points but made some back on Garcia by KO, which I think was 8/1 odds. Price has a suspect chin like Khan and when the going is good, their opponent's odds are too good to ignore.
    do you make a habit of betting on the guy that you think will lose?

Comment

How are you guys having a hard time understanding that any top opponent who faces a fighter with dodgy punch resistance isn't worth a punt? Especially when the odds are stupid like Thompson to win was 12/1, can't remember what is what for him to win by KO but it was something ridiculous.

I don't make a habit of it, I make a good profit when the fight is right.

Comment

Price has the size and ability to become a very good HW. He needs to stop pawing with the jab and use it !! Every dominat HW Champ over 6'2" has used the jab as weapon # 1. 1 loss does not kill a HW,he needs to learn from this and fight 5-6 times per year. Price has too few fights for his age and pedigree. Wilder already has what 26 fights and Fury is on 21. Get back in the ring quick and use that jab as something more than a range finder.

Comment

Back to the drawing board for Price. He seriously needs to start using his attributes to the best of his ability. His defense is horrible and he doesn't use his jab enough. He needs a ram rod solid jab and needs to learn how to tie up more. Steward (RIP) would have done wonders with Price IMO.

What is worrying is - Price has blasted all his opponents out, where as I think he should got the rounds in. Fury has got a lot of rounds in, has pulled himself off the canvas to win, and his stamina has been tested for the twelve.

Price needs to get back in there ASAP. Rectify his flaws and habits. The guy has fallen in love with his power, which is hindering his other useful weapons.

Price will be back if he is serious about doing good things..

Comment

is it just me that seen david price pull a chris eubank pose when he stood up

Comment

I'm just saying Mize I got the distinct impression you were a price mark, even though you. Seemed to cover yourself just in case things went south.

Anyway, what did shaun get banned for

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                I'm just saying Mize I got the distinct impression you were a price mark, even though you. Seemed to cover yourself just in case things went south.

His admiration for Hitler.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I don't mind being so. I was never a fan of Price but our discussions on this board were about Fury, so maybe you assumed that because I didn't particularly rate Fury I must've been big on Price.

I thought he was the better out of the two but don't think much of either man tbh. I distinctly remember having a similar conversation with you and gave my opinion on Price.

As I've said, I was the guy who brought to your attention Fury knocking him down in the amateurs and Ingleby rocking him in his debut.

Comment

Dont wanna put words in the mods mouth but i presume it was the Adolf Hitler thread as the green i got from it now says N/A where it used to say the thread name.

Comment

i said that right uppercut would get Price in trouble against a crafty vet and identified Thompson's hook as the danger-shot (he has the strong southpaw right hook of a converted orthodox fighter, which it turns out he is).

Price is deeply mediocre, the only thing that stands out about him is his power (and even that is way overrated). if you were such a guru of the domestic scene, you would've called that by now. instead, you offered waffling volumes about how bad Fury is and how much more talented and skilled Price is, which tells me that you couldn't spot talent and skill, or deficiencies thereof, if your life depended on it. you weren't alone, though - plenty other clueless boobs were spouting similar garbage.

Comment

that is exactly correct. that is what Demise does.

Comment

Working...
                      X