Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook Confident: I'm Going To Take Alexander Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devon is good and can even be entertaining against certain styles...he's tried to shake off the Bradley effort and was doing OK but he took a huge step back against Bailey. One of the worst fights on the year no doubt. He's susceptible to be beat by decision right now by someone who is skilled and active. Devon is WAY ahead of Brook in their career but it's still winnable because of how negative Devon fights sometimes

as far as the above post...Jones stretched Kell to the limit, it wasn't even lopsided on the scores or in the reality of the fight - he was in deeep waters for sure.

Comment

No Brook, he's going to clinch you the entire fight

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenHat View Post
        He was outboxing the crap out of Jones, until the end when his nose got bloodied, but even then, all Jones did was make a one sided fight a little less one sided.

I'm going to be pulling for Alexander, unless I put money on Brook that is. But I really think Brook is going to win, I've seen his fights. He's a big WW, and hes an accurate puncher. I hope Brook doesn't win, but this is one where I'm fairly sure of the out come.

I might even put some money on Brook.
        Devon is several levels above Carson Jones, who is probably Brook's toughest opponent. If Jones could bloody up Brook, what do you think a faster, younger, fitter, accurate, and more proven guy like Devon could do?

Brook could very well be special, but people forget just how awesome Devon looked when he was fighting people a couple steps above what Brook has faced. Witter and Urango weren't elite guys, but they are easily better than anything Brook has face, and Devon looked sensational against them.

I will admit, Devon hasn't looked as sensational on the sport's top level (he did show signs against Maidana though), but he is still a very good proven fighter whether people want to admit it or not.

If people are so sure that Brook is going to beat Devon, please explain to me what he does better than Alexander? I don't see one thing to be honest. He does a lot of things good, but so does Devon. Devon also is coming in with faster hands, more experience, a better chin, better footwork and stamina imo, and he is also a very accurate puncher. What does Brook do better? I guess he doesn't grunt so much...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lou View Post
          Jones won rounds 7-12 that's not the end. You seem really confused, who are you picking?
          You may be right, but I remember it being pretty easy for Brook most of the fight. But I did see it quite a long time ago. Brook gassed because of all the blood pouring into his mouth, good on Jones, but I don't see Alexander doing this.

Carson Jones is a knock out artist, and someone with power who can hurt Brook, is some one who can beat him. Alexander's not that guy. I'm picking Brook, but hoping Alexander proves me wrong. There are plenty of American WW's like Bradley that I think would beat Brook, but not Alexander.

I really have a hunch that Brook is going to handily beat Alexander. Whats the date of the fight again?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lou
            Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

US = Alexander's backyard

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

US= Star Power
            So I make you look dumb for trying to criticize someone and you come back with this? What's this post gotta do with what I quoted?

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
              Devon is good and can even be entertaining against certain styles...he's tried to shake off the Bradley effort and was doing OK but he took a huge step back against Bailey. One of the worst fights on the year no doubt. He's susceptible to be beat by decision right now by someone who is skilled and active. Devon is WAY ahead of Brook in their career but it's still winnable because of how negative Devon fights sometimes

as far as the above post...Jones stretched Kell to the limit, it wasn't even lopsided on the scores or in the reality of the fight - he was in deeep waters for sure.
              It's not Alexander's fault Bailey wouldn't open up and fight. But at the same time Bailey is too dangeruos to get wreckless with so Devon took what was there. Smart fighter IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
                Devon is several levels above Carson Jones, who is probably Brook's toughest opponent. If Jones could bloody up Brook, what do you think a faster, younger, fitter, accurate, and more proven guy like Devon could do?

Brook could very well be special, but people forget just how awesome Devon looked when he was fighting people a couple steps above what Brook has faced. Witter and Urango weren't elite guys, but they are easily better than anything Brook has face, and Devon looked sensational against them.

I will admit, Devon hasn't looked as sensational on the sport's top level (he did show signs against Maidana though), but he is still a very good proven fighter whether people want to admit it or not.

If people are so sure that Brook is going to beat Devon, please explain to me what he does better than Alexander? I don't see one thing to be honest. He does a lot of things good, but so does Devon. Devon also is coming in with faster hands, more experience, a better chin, better footwork and stamina imo, and he is also a very accurate puncher. What does Brook do better? I guess he doesn't grunt so much...
                You know, you may be completely right. Lol. But, Brook is a big WW. And he is very accurate. I definitely don't see Devon hurting Brook, it's a match up thing. And I don't think Devon has the stamina and skill to outbox Brook for 12 rounds without getting hurt. And once he's hurt, I think it'll all unravel. And his main hope is outboxing Brook.

Those great wins of Alexander were at 140, and Brook is a big WW. This might not make a difference, fighters do go up like Guerrero and well look at how well he did. But I suspect, the size difference, is going to prove important. Maidana himself wasn't a true WW.

I agree that Alexander has fought far harder competition, but the fact he quit in the bradley fight also indicates this is a fighter with doubts. He didn't want to hang in with Bradley on the hopes he could KO him.

If someone like Matthyse, who is smaller, less powerful, and less skillful than Brook could beat him in a ten rounder(according to many), then how is Alexander going to beat Brook?

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  So I make you look dumb for trying to criticize someone and you come back with this? What's this post gotta do with what I quoted?

You don't become a star in this sport without coming to the US. Dummy!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    US = Alexander's backyard

I hate it when people think just because a guy is from the US that anywhere here is his back yard. This isn't England or even Great Britain for that matter, you can't drive from one end to the other in a matter of hours.

St. Louis is a good full days drive from Vegas, 22 hours and 42 minutes to be exact according to google maps. Not even close to being in his backyard, especially since it has been already established that Devon doesn't draw well outside of St. Louis let alone Las Vegas.

America is a very regional and diverse country, that's why they call us the melting pot. So just because a guy is American does not mean everyone in the country will get behind him. Simply put just to claim anywhere in America is someone's backyard just because they are from here is just asinine. For instance St. Louis is closer to both Mexico and Canada then it is to Las Vegas. If he was fighting at either of those places would you call it his back yard too? Especially since there would probably be just as many fans supporting him there as there will be in Vegas.

The only real thing that could be said about this venue is it is truly neutral.

Regardless it shouldn't even matter, Devon is the champ and Brook is lucky they decided to make a deal instead of go to a purse bid that GBP would have won thus making the fight in St. Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenHat View Post
                      You know, you may be completely right. Lol. But, Brook is a big WW. And he is very accurate. I definitely don't see Devon hurting Brook, it's a match up thing. And I don't think Devon has the stamina and skill to outbox Brook for 12 rounds without getting hurt. And once he's hurt, I think it'll all unravel. And his main hope is outboxing Brook.

Those great wins of Alexander were at 140, and Brook is a big WW. This might not make a difference, fighters do go up like Guerrero and well look at how well he did. But I suspect, the size difference, is going to prove important. Maidana himself wasn't a true WW.

I agree that Alexander has fought far harder competition, but the fact he quit in the bradley fight also indicates this is a fighter with doubts. He didn't want to hang in with Bradley on the hopes he could KO him.

If someone like Matthyse, who is smaller, less powerful, and less skillful than Brook could beat him in a ten rounder(according to many), then how is Alexander going to beat Brook?
                      I would hardly say Brook is more powerful than Matthyse and that Bradley could have ko'd him had that fight gone 12. Devon took some good shots from Bailey, who I will add is a big WW too, and wasn't even fazed. I think the only shot Brook has is to KO Devon, and that is a very bad thing when you have to KO a guy with a rock hard chin like Devon.

Comment

Working...
                      X