No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: "Ali was more selfish, Manny is about helping the people"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Who is this clown? When I said every top fighter in a position to make money, I mean EVERY. There's no ambiguity in my post for you to act so slow.
    This clown,

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/member.php?u=83843

LMAO, that should explain a bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      lol this dude is HILARIOUS!

Ali was selfish? Ali stood up for his beliefs and his people but when Ali stood up for his people he was called "Racist" but when others do it they get called "Heroes"

Arum is a FRAUD but it is his job to say stupid stuff like this, he is a Promoter that is what he is suppose to do, he was doing the same thing with Mayweather when Mayweather was with Top Rank and in about 5 years he will be hyping up another fighter and comparing him to Ali and other greats
      In 5 years Arum will probably be gone already. Guy is over 80 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenglove2 View Post
        just name three, please.

since you need names so bad I will give you one:

your beloved Manny Pacquiao and this is going back to when he was down at 130-135, he took on all of the OLDER Mexican fighters NO PROBLEM but when Nate Campbell and Timothy Bradley wanted to fight him he didn't want any part of that, how is that not "Cherry Picking" as well and didn't Mosley call him out even offered to come down to 142-143? Roach himself told Mosley who came down to him Gym personally that "They Didn't Want To Fight Him"...again how is this not Cherry Picking? but if Mayweather does it then it is Cherry Picking? lol

do your research, Bob Arum has a HISTORY if Cherry Picking for his fighters, he kept Pavlik away from Paul Williams for YEARS Now

Comment

Originally posted by Galahad View Post
          In 5 years Arum will probably be gone already. Guy is over 80 years old.
          hahaha that is messed up, naw but Arum will still be around, Evil guys stick around for a LONG TIME

Comment

Originally posted by goldenglove2 View Post
            LMAO....delete your account....
            lmao

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
              “Ali was a wonderful guy, for sure, but I would say Ali was more selfish, more about himself, where Manny is about helping the people, especially the poorest of people.”

I love Manny but why does Bob have to talk badly about Ali to make Manny look good. In fact, by saying this he is making Manny look bad.

I can't stand Bob Arum . I bet he will talk badly about Manny aswell after Manny is retired and Bob found his new cash cow.

Freddie Roach was with Amir Khan and a contingent of British media representatives just beside Central Park in New York when he learnt that Manny Pacquiao was close to being confirmed as Congressman for Sarangani Province, in the filipino elections, late on Monday night.

Through Monday, updated reports confirmed that Pacquiao was well ahead of his political rival, Roy Chongbian, a member of the ruling dynasty.

“Pacquiao won, and by landslide victory, I’m told,” said Roach. Was he concerned that Pacquiao could now be distracted ? “I don’t think so. It makes me excited because we are now going to have Congressman Pacquiao knock out Floyd Mayweather,” Roach told The Telegraph.

Roach is convinced that the fight will be made, while promoter Bob Arum is looking for a November 17 date. “I still think it needs to happen. It would be a shame if it didn’t happen. We need the best meeting the best in boxing. We will meet somewhere in the middle and I’m sure we are going to work it out,” he added.

Roach revealed that he had missed a call from The Philippines while conducting a round table interview with Amir Khan, ahead of the British fighter’s second WBA light-welterweight defence against Paulie Malignaggi at the Theater in Madison Square Garden on Saturday night.

“I just got a call from The Philippines during the round table. I might have just missed a call from Manny there. I’m sure he’s elated. It’s his ambition to improve his country. I’m not concerned that he will lose his love of boxing. He won’t be distracted. He still knows what he does best. Without boxing, he wouldn’t be where he is today. He knows that. He’s a boxer first. He still has that hunger and hopefully it will now make his fire burn that little bit brighter.”

Meanwhile, promoter Bob Arum had travelled to The Philippines to see Pacquiao, insisting to Michael Marley that: “He [Manny] is different to me than Muhammad Ali was, than Marvin Hagler was, than how any of my other great fighters were.”

“Ali was a wonderful guy, for sure, but I would say Ali was more selfish, more about himself, where Manny is about helping the people, especially the poorest of people.”

“I am so glad the kid won because he deserved to win. He went into his own pocket for a lot of money and he did without thinking of his own financial gain. With all the thrills, all the great champions I have had, this was something really special.”

“I am so proud of this kid, I really am,” Arum said. “I came over thinking he would go down to defeat but he is smart, he learned from his first election and hired smart political people with a grassroots campaign aimed at the poor people who love and identify with his life story. The whole thing is just so wonderful.”

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/g...yd-mayweather/
              I don't see that he has said anything "bad" about Ali, as a matter of fact I've seen Ali referred to as "The Supreme Egotist", and when he was topical there were really nasty things said about him; "more selfish", doesn't even register on the scale. Arum has taken a very personal interest in Manny because of the respect Manny shows him and his extremely friendly and humble manner. Obviously Manny and Arum talk a lot to each other, and Arum is impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                I don't see that he has said anything "bad" about Ali, as a matter of fact I've seen Ali referred to as "The Supreme Egotist", and when he was topical there were really nasty things said about him; "more selfish", doesn't even register on the scale. Arum has taken a very personal interest in Manny because of the respect Manny shows him and his extremely friendly and humble manner. Obviously Manny and Arum talk a lot to each other, and Arum is impressed.
                As I recall, Ali spent most of his waking hours talking about himself. He was well known for it. When he became a muslim didn't he divorce his wife because she wouldn't cover herself from head to foot??

Comment

Yes, I recall him saying Floyd was better then Ali when he was promoting Floyd. Bob is such a backstabbing snake.
                  Could you send me an example, a good example of his backstabbing. As far as I know, he hasn't murdered anyone yet, like, say, for instance, Don King.......

Comment

His name was Ali. MUHAMMAD ALI. Say it, SAY IT !! Whats his name?!
                    You're WRONG !! His name WAS Cassius Clay, and he changed it to Muhammed Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                      As I recall, Ali spent most of his waking hours talking about himself. He was well known for it. When he became a muslim didn't he divorce his wife because she wouldn't cover herself from head to foot??

Why is his religion relevant? Oh I forget. It's pea brain Edgarg asking the question. After all he thinks Jim Jeffries had a better chin than Ali and the Klitschko's are the best conditioned fighters in history.

Comment

Working...
                      X