Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Raphael has 0 credibility as a boxing journalist.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan Rafael is a great boxing analyst. I love reading his blogs and he talks a lot of sense. The guy has great credibility within the sport. What the hell are you guys going on about?

He said Cotto-Mosley 2 needs to happen. Well duh, of course it does. He said Mayweather-Pac needs to happen. Of course Floyd-Pac needs to happen. And i personally dont see nothing wrong with Mosley-Pac happening either.

Comment

Dan Rapheal is a fat disgusting ass hole.

Comment

We have no credibility. We don't talk to any of these guys. We go off press releases and hear say. Rafael get's paid by the biggest sports network in the world and talks face to face with most top boxers, promoters, trainers, etc. He also watches more boxing than most of us would ever have time for. I read his scorecarda and half the time, I don't even know who some of the guys are.

There's some guys in the media I'm not a fan of. I don't particularly think Rafael is a good journalist, but he's a great reporter in the sense that he gets us a lot of information before most other sites do. So I wouldn't question his credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
          Yeah, to me it's douchebags like him being part of the problem. If we could eliminate people with his attitude, we wouldn't be getting sham fights like Floyd Mayweather vs. Oscar De La Hoya and Roy Jones vs. Joe Calzaghe. He's even acted like there's nothing wrong with a fight between Sergio Mora and Kelly Pavlik and Jermain Taylor and Cory Spinks.
          You conveniently left out Manny v Oscar..that was a sham fight too.

Comment

Originally posted by Deja_Vous View Post
            You conveniently left out Manny v Oscar..that was a sham fight too.
            Yeah, I know there's been others but I didn't want to strain my brain to try to think of them. Dan Raphael is a reliable journalist when it comes to breaking developments and that's why I read his chats and his weekend notebook, but to me, he's just paid to be in these heavyweight promoters' pockets. He is making a big deal about Tavoris Cloud turning down a TV slot on HBO. But what people don't realize is that one of the conditions of fighting on that slot was to not fight for a belt. I know Clinton Woods sucks but that's not Cloud's fault. And I don't even know if HBO would pay Cloud the same kind of money that he would get for fighting Woods because Woods is a decent name in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
              We have no credibility. We don't talk to any of these guys. We go off press releases and hear say. Rafael get's paid by the biggest sports network in the world and talks face to face with most top boxers, promoters, trainers, etc. He also watches more boxing than most of us would ever have time for. I read his scorecarda and half the time, I don't even know who some of the guys are.

There's some guys in the media I'm not a fan of. I don't particularly think Rafael is a good journalist, but he's a great reporter in the sense that he gets us a lot of information before most other sites do. So I wouldn't question his credibility.
              perfectly said bro

Comment

Working...
              X