Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where stores do u guys buy ypour shoes from? (almost had anxiety attack)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
    well i need a new shoe store entirely due to the selection, they didnt carry asics, which i am specifically looking for. so finding a new store is necessary, plus it will be a good experience because it will be a store i've never gone to and i will have to interact socially.

i fear that my face will turn red and get extremely sweaty and i will get embarrassed about being so uncomfortable in public.
    I think what will help you worry less is if you can accept and be OK with a few ideas. 1. you don't know what anyone is thinking 2. you can't control what anyone thinks of you or do anything about it. 3. You're not the center of the universe and most ppl even when interacting with you are worried about their own business and their wrapped up in that realistically.

It takes also developing a comfortability in your own skin too but going to new places and being open to meeting new ppl gaining new experiences is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      I think what will help you worry less is if you can accept and be OK with a few ideas. 1. you don't know what anyone is thinking 2. you can't control what anyone thinks of you or do anything about it. 3. You're not the center of the universe and most ppl even when interacting with you are worried about their own business and their wrapped up in that realistically.

It takes also developing a comfortability in your own skin too but going to new places and being open to meeting new ppl gaining new experiences is good.
      thanks i will try to keep this in mind as i go tomorrow after my workout.

do you also suffer from SAD?

Comment

thanks i will try to keep this in mind as i go tomorrow after my workout.

do you also suffer from SAD?
        There were periods where I was a hermit not interacting with ppl much, you get very unused to it and it becomes awkward but going out often working with ppl in your job gets you in the rhythm of it where it becomes natural.

Also the older you get you care less and less of what anyone might think I have found.

Comment

If Shoe City is the place I'm thinking it is (like a shoe outlet sorta place?) I'm surprised they sweated you so hard. Most shoe places are on top of you even closer than a place like that would be.

You need to stick to Zappo's brother. Its online, but they got a super liberal return policy if shoes don't fit or you don't like them once you've tried them on.

And I wouldn't worry about social interactions with buying sh^t. We are less than a decade away from drones probably sending you 8 pairs of shoes, you finding the one you like the best & sending the other 7 pairs back to whatever company is killing the shoe market by then so idk if thats a necessary trait to learn. Although I hate shopping for sh^t myself & hate salespeople sweating me in stores too.

Comment

Name one straight man without a micropenis who has anxiety attacks.

Comment

Hell I don't buy shoes from the stores either, I just use them to gauge size if I'm going with a new brand. I usually buy off Amazon, they have way more selection and colors. Usually cheaper too.

But yeah, I'd try Footlocker or something. WSS too.

Comment

Take up a job as a gay prostitute.

After 1000 men have paid you to shove their schlongs up your increasingly distended bung hole, you will find a sense of self worth.

Sadly, you will die soon afterwards of AIDS. But before you die, you will have lost your anxiety!

Comment

I haven't bought a pair of shoes/sneakers that weren't job related in a long time.

Comment

I don't buy shoes.

I just wear one pair of kicks until it gets worn the **** out, and when the soles get so thin they become like crepe batter, only then do I get me a new pair.

Then I just go to a sports shop and get some.

Comment

i haven't bought shoes in an actual store for many many years due to crippling social anxiety but i am finally going to overcome this fear and buy myself some shoes in the store. i can't rely on buying stuff online for the rest of my life as it's not sustainable.

but what stores carry good shoes like nike and asics and maybe adidas?

i went to shoe city the other day and they didn't even have asics even tho their website said they carried them. and it was a very awkward experience the stupid sales people kept following me around asking me if i needed help and one of the salespeople was kinda hot so that made me even more nervous. i felt like i was on a used car lot. why can't they let you look around for your own damn shoes and only help if they are asked?? and then when i finally found a pair i wanted to try on, i sat down on one of those chair things and they stood there all watching me as i tried on the shoes. i mean wtf, leave me alone as i try on shoes for **** sake! i walked out of the store all sweaty and on the verge of a panic attack.

DO NOT SUPPORT SHOE CITY!
                      Go to Divks sporting goods and get your shoes. You might even get divk there, which in your case would be a bonus.

Comment

Working...
                      X