Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I think Rigondeaux vs Ricardo Cordoba was a robbery...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i never thought that fight was close and honestly don't know how the judges or anyone did but i have noticed that if you use to much movement you seem to be penalized

Comment

lol come on bro rigo won that fight quite easily

Comment

Anybody defending Tigondeaux is an idiot.

I've never seen. Fight were the fighters didn't hug at the end, Ricardo refused to hug that ***** with good reason.

He ran, not moved but ran from the 6th after getting dropped. Lost every rd in the process.

It was pretty much a given top rank gave him the fight because he was seen as a potential cash cow, that was 2 PPV that Cuban botch ruins with jos nonsense.

**** rigkndeaux with a aids infected dildo and any judge that gives him that fight.

Córdoba was robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Salardo View Post
          I watched Rigondeaux vs Cordoba yesterday: I gave Rigondeaux rounds 2, 4, 5 and 10. I gave Cordoba rounds 3, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 12, and I scored rounds 1 and 11 even. So I have Cordoba winning by 2 points.
          Rigo started potshotting him and throwing only a few punches per round, but still winning 3 of the first 5 rounds, then his trainer Ronnie Shields told him in the break to be more active (exciting) - so Rigo comes out in the 6th trading punches and he gets dropped - then he runs for the rest of the fight. That is the real story of this fight. Cordoba was chasing him around the ring after the 6th round and how can you give Rigo rounds in which is moving away without throwing or landing anything? I understand Cordoba wasn't throwing a billion punches either, but he was the aggressor and taking the fight to him.
          The moment Rigondeaux went toe to toe with Cordoba, he got knocked down. (By the way Cordoba also got knocked down by a bodyshot in the 4th round)

I think Rigondeaux is a very skillful fighter, but on my scorecard he did not win the Cordoba fight.
          Theres this weird assumption in boxing that if you look good moving around, you win the round regardless of aggression, punch output, or connect rate.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
            i never thought that fight was close and honestly don't know how the judges or anyone did but i have noticed that if you use to much movement you seem to be penalized
            If you move because you are avoiding a fight, yes you should be penalized imo. If you move to set up offense than that is fine. The sport of boxing started to fall once people stopped calling it fighting.

Comment

Working...
            X