Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The RING Magazine Ratings: Tyson Fury back to #1!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post
    90% of the boxing world scored the fight to Fury. That's why the bible of boxing has him down as #1

If Wilder couldn't KO a 50% fit Fury who had to lose 10 stone and beat a drug and alcohol addiction, what makes you think he'll KO a fitter, sharper version in a rematch?

The only person getting decisively knocked out is Taylor when he fights Regie.
    Where do you get the 90% from? Is there a statistical report that shows this, with a large sample size?

And the 50% fit Tyson Fury, coming off of two tune ups, where do you get that 50% from? Is there a peer-reviewed scientific journal that shows the percentage of fitness Fury was in for the Wilder fight?

Also, if he was only 50% fit after two comeback tune up fights, then I don’t see how he will be any better in the rematch. Boxing gets harder as you age and use drugs, alcohol, it doesn’t get easier. He’s not going to age backward. So if he was only “50%” vs Wilder last year, after two tune ups, he will be around 30% in 2020.

He stopped the guy in his first fight back, beat Piñata by decision after that, then fought to a draw with Wilder after suffering two monstrous kd’s.

He’s getting worse, not better. The damage has been done. He killed his own prime, that was 2015-2018. His time to reign. Wilder doesn’t abuse his body, he’ll be fine for the next 2-3 years before father time catches up to him. Fury is younger by age, but not body, he aged his body to near 40 year old athlete now. Fury is on his last couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I was born n' raised on the banks of Denial.
      Cool story.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
        Cool story.
        Lol i’ll bump this thread after Wilder v Fury II.

Comment

Originally posted by makaveli1875 View Post
          Fury drew with Wilder. Look it up on Google. So it's a toss up, if Fury grows his balls back and takes the rematch he will be decisively knocked out
          Wilder couldn't beat someone who hadn't had competitive fight in 3 years, and dined on pizza, kebabs and 100 pints so doesn't deserve to be no1

Comment

i'd put ruiz above wilder at this point.

styles make fights and ithink wilder knocks ruiz out, but ruiz' win over joshua is better than anything wilder's done considering also that you can make a very compelling argument that he lost to fury.

fury is #1 at HW. i've alwasy said after the wilder fight that i'd pick him to win the rematch, and to box joshua's doors off. ruiz is #2. wilder is 3. joshua, very generously, could make an argument for 4. styles make fights and i still think he beats luis ortiz, he's just too slow.

Comment

Working...
            X