Ruiz WILL test Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
    Ok you can apologise to Ruiz if you prefer
    Dude gets all the props in the world from me. Heck of a performance from him

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Yep! These idiots think they know it all. It’s always “Anthony Joshua’s fan these and that” forget your hate, look at the boxing bit, the abilities etc nope. They want to trash his opponents just to make Wilder opponents look better in comparison. Someone even use a fight from 6 years ago to judge how “Terrible” Ruiz is. I watch his fight against Joe Hank and I just thought that guy looked exactly like Joshua and Ruiz stopped him in 4 rounds too.

“Business man Wilder” can let it marinate for another 3 years now. Yeah that’s 100m down the drain lol.
      It's so weird man, even now redfoxx won't give it up. It's against the rules here to be an educated boxing fan, maybe my bump was a little obnoxious but no more than the responses I received in a thread where I laid out why Ruiz would give Joshua problems

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        What good is it having fast hands if you are short with cement feet, zero head movement and the armspan of an average 12yr old against a guy with better feet who stands 6ft6 with an 82" reach and a world class jab?

He is not getting passed that jab, period.

I think this is more wishful thinking than anything tbh but I genuinely hope I am wrong because I just see a big mismatch tbh.
        A very good, fundamentally sound huge HW vs a fringe contender type too lazy to make CW.
        I think it's fair to say you were wrong. In my opinion you have to sometimes account for things that a fighter might do better in a fight of this magnitude. Ruiz moved his head well and was ready to counter every time Joshua reached for him, things he's done inconsistently in other fights but was fully switched on last night. You could see even in the first couple Joshua wasn't comfortable letting his hands fly, Ruiz is a better judge of distance then you gave him credit for

As I said, he was able to keep composed in the pocket and his chin was good enough. What surprised me was how good his legs were even after the knockdown, his chin and recuperative abilities ultimately made the difference

Good debate though

Comment

Reading this thread back brings the scale of the upset into perspective. Even the OP didn't go all the way and predict that Ruiz would win. I'm not even gonna act smug because my prediction was the same as pretty much everybody else in the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
            Reading this thread back brings the scale of the upset into perspective. Even the OP didn't go all the way and predict that Ruiz would win. I'm not even gonna act smug because my prediction was the same as pretty much everybody else in the thread.
            Yeah honestly I thought Joshua would fight him like he did Parker, which is what he should have done, but you can't blame him for going for it after he knocked him down.

I always saw this as a tricky fight because I felt Ruiz was fast enough to throw with Joshua at mid-close range. These tier 2 fighters in the division are not as far behind Fury, Wilder, and Joshua as these "fans" think

Comment

Yeah honestly I thought Joshua would fight him like he did Parker, which is what he should have done, but you can't blame him for going for it after he knocked him down.

I always saw this as a tricky fight because I felt Ruiz was fast enough to throw with Joshua at mid-close range. These tier 2 fighters in the division are not as far behind Fury, Wilder, and Joshua as these "fans" think
              Enough with this fast hands stuff. They appear to be ''fast'' because everything else about him is slow. And Parker ?!?!?! You know this HW era is lacking when a fringe guy like Parker is a measuring stick.

Yeah, Andy pulled off the upset of the century. AJ will repay the favor inside of 4.

Fury caught a break when he ''fought'' a disinterested Wlad

Andy caught a break when he fought a clueless, tankless AJ

Unlike Wlad, AJ will redeem himself and I'm not an AJ fan.

Comment

You can send your apologies in the post, no nuthugging here, but always the truth as I see it
                Good job man. Green sent.

Comment

Whatever became of HWs who won fights they had no business winning....

Buster = 1 hit wonder
                  Rahman = 1 hit wonder
                  MCCall = 1 hit wonder
                  Brewster = 15 minute reign
                  Sanders = 1 hit wonder

We will add Andy by the end of the year

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                    Whatever became of HWs who won fights they had no business winning....

Buster = 1 hit wonder
                    Rahman = 1 hit wonder
                    MCCall = 1 hit wonder
                    Brewster = 15 minute reign
                    Sanders = 1 hit wonder

We will add Andy by the end of the year
                    I doubt it, the standard was a bit higher in those eras. Ruiz isn't a walk over for any of these guys. Tyson Fury who doesn't hold a high opinion of AJ eluded to what I did in this thread, Ruiz is a good, dangerous fighter.

Comment

I doubt it, the standard was a bit higher in those eras. Ruiz isn't a walk over for any of these guys. Tyson Fury who doesn't hold a high opinion of AJ eluded to what I did in this thread, Ruiz is a good, dangerous fighter.
                      Andy will either be stripped for not honoring the rematch clause or get brutally ended in said rematch. Either way, Andy isn't going to win a fight as a HW champ.

His name will be added

Comment

Working...
                      X