Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Isn't a Particularly Good Boxer But He's Good Enough

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    I feel like this article gets written every Wilder fight week.
    True.....Rinse and repeat unto his next fight.

Comment

At the excuse he started boxing at 20. 13 years and he still fights like a club fighter. Joshua started at 18 and is leagues ahead of him in boxing ability.

Comment

Wilder's skill is seriously lacking. His athleticism & power carry him. That will work for him as long as he avoids fighters with superior skill & power.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Sucker bet, Breazeale is as bad (and I would say worse) a boxer as Wilder at best and a much worse athlete. He is probably closer to like having a 25 to 1 shot so you are getting like half value.

Breazeale has no defense and no real ability to counter, so how is he going to win? He wins through attrition but that is against guys who may hit decently well (who all hurt Breazeale) who have poor stamina, Wilder has really good stamina for a heavy and if he will be allowed to deal damage all night that is not usually a plan that works out well against a big punching heavyweight.

Not that Wilder is unbeatable but the ability to actually make him work hard to get his offense or make him pay for a mistakes is key to beating him. A slow plodder that absorbs damage with little to no boxing ability is pretty much a guy tailor made for Wilder.
          I'm not sure ANY top ten guy with power should be as bad as +2500 to stop Wilder. And Breazeale's wildness is exactly what I love about his chances. Both do some wonky ass sh^t. This has the potential to look like a high level toughman fight. And at HW where everyone can KO anyone on any given night I think Wilder could easily come up short tomorrow.

That said I expect Wilder KO3 or some sh^t, but ain't much value in that bet (-300ish iirc, $100 wins $33) & its hard for me to ever bet Wilder as a favorite on principle just cuz of how bad he is technically. When Joshua & Wilder fight doe.......

Comment

I still think it's incredibile that he doesn't get seriously hit when throwing windmill punches.

Comment

What I love about the article is the artistry and mastery of words; the irony, the euphemisms, the hyperbole and the fetish choice language that reeks doom for Wilder

Comment

Remember Fury dominated Wilder after coming back from one of the most destructive layoffs in history, unlike the guy you compared him to, Klitschko. Dont lose perspective. Wilder was well beaten by Fury, and needed the doctor against an old sick cuban who himself never beat anyone threatening. Hes record is super padded. And hes style, totally one dimensional.

Comment

I think Wilder's biggest problem is that he fights like he's a bundle of nerves. Possibly because he doesn't have the confidence that fundamentals bring you. When he calms down he can actually look somewhat decent, thought never all that talented.

Most insightful thing in the entire article and something I've been saying,
                  “One thing about Wilder, when he tries too hard to throw the right hand, you can see it coming,” Molina said. “He was desperate to knock Fury out. Fury is too slick for the wide shots (Wilder) was throwing. He saw them coming. To land against Fury you have to throw clean, precise shots that are set up with a different rhythm. Those were the punches that landed in the end."

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I'm not sure ANY top ten guy with power should be as bad as +2500 to stop Wilder. And Breazeale's wildness is exactly what I love about his chances. Both do some wonky ass sh^t. This has the potential to look like a high level toughman fight. And at HW where everyone can KO anyone on any given night I think Wilder could easily come up short tomorrow.

That said I expect Wilder KO3 or some sh^t, but ain't much value in that bet (-300ish iirc, $100 wins $33) & its hard for me to ever bet Wilder as a favorite on principle just cuz of how bad he is technically. When Joshua & Wilder fight doe.......
                    Breazeale is too slow...clumsy and easy to hit. He's tailor made for Wilder's wild swings and will get KO'd.

Comment

Whatever gets the job done! Great technique, unorthodox or whatever tools work.

Comment

Working...
                      X