No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I have explained before and posted links. I'm not going to do that again. Either you accept the data or you don't.

If voter fraud is truly the issue you and others want to address, that can be done in a way that doesn't cost anything and is better at stopping voter fraud than the Voter ID laws pushed by Republicans. Yet almost every Trumper wants to address it with a policy that has been found to be discriminatory.

IMO most Trump supporters choose to solve the issue with the discriminatory policy because the voters it discriminates against, poor and minorities, are presumed to vote for Democratic candidates.
    How so when I clearly said they should do a bill that would guarantee anyone that has section, food stamps etc would be able to get a FREE ID from the dmv.

is that so wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      Yes, again.

Former Secretary of State John Kerry and Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky., had a heated exchange Tuesday over Kerry's education and climate change.

Kerry, 75, appeared before the House Oversight and Reform Committee hearing to talk about climate change. The incredible exchange began when Massie read a quote Kerry said regarding President Trump’s advisers.

“It sounds like you’re questioning the credentials of the president’s advisers, but I don’t think we should question your credentials today. Isn’t it true you have a science degree from Yale?” Massie asked Kerry.

Kerry replied that he had a bachelor of arts degree from the university.

“Is it a political science degree?” Massie asked.

“Yes, it’s political science,” the former Massachusetts senator said.

“So, how do you get a bachelor of arts in science?” the congressman asked.

“Well it’s liberal arts education and - it’s a bachelor,” Kerry said.

“So, it’s not really science. I think it’s somewhat appropriate that somebody with a pseudoscience degree is here pushing pseudoscience in front of our committee,” Massie said before Kerry fired back.

“Are you serious? I mean this is really happening here?” the former secretary of state asked.

The two men continued their back and forth before Massie asked Kerry if he was saying the president “doesn’t have educated adults there now.”

“I don’t know who he has there because it's secret,” he replied. “Why would he have to have a secret analysis of climate change?”

The two then began to discuss carbon dioxide levels on the planet today versus millions of years ago.

“But there weren’t human beings; that was a different world, folks,” Kerry said.

“So — how’d it get to 2,000 parts per million if we humans weren’t here? … Did geology stop when we got on the planet?” Massie asked.

“This is just not a serious conversation,” Kerry fired back.

Kerry tweeted about the exchange Wednesday.

“It’s almost as if someone said, ‘Congress has hit rock bottom’ and Massie replies with ‘hold my beer,’” he wrote.

Massie replied to Kerry’s tweet saying, “It’s almost as if someone said, ‘No one has less knowledge of science, a higher opinion of himself, and a bigger carbon footprint than Al Gore’ and Kerry replies ‘hold my champagne, I’m going to testify as a climate change expert.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/joh...climate-change
      pure gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
        Well, your party chooses and needs to keep its constituents poor in order to keep the votes coming in. I’m a minority. I grew up poor early on. I will be voting for trump again. You choose to live in that fantasy world where pigment in the skin equals victimhood. I don’t.
        This is a very stupid response. This discussion centers around the US Supreme Court throwing out many voter ID laws in several states based on the data. It is not me "equating skin pigment to victimhood".

Suggesting the party keeps people poor to keep votes coming in is parroting talking points from the very worst parts of the internet and conservative media.

You being a minority and voting for Trump doesn't make you a free thinker or enlightened. you made a choice. Voting for Trump, whose tax plan has been shown to help the rich and powerful more than middle class such as yourself (see link below) could be seen as voting against your own pockets, which is not a sign of an enlightened or educated choice.

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2...h-and-powerful

You being a Trump supporter is fine. Just please stop acting like doing so makes you more enlightened, informed or intelligent than those of us that do not support him.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
          How so when I clearly said they should do a bill that would guarantee anyone that has section, food stamps etc would be able to get a FREE ID from the dmv.

is that so wrong?
          If voter fraud is the problem you want to address, there are no cost, non discriminatory methods ( example poll workers could check driver's license photos digitally if a voter doesn't bring I.D., and they could photograph and obtain an affidavit from any voters who don't have a driver's license photo on file.) to protect against voter fraud. This protects the voter fraud regardless of party affiliation and doesn't function to suppress voter turnout.

I just don't see why you and other Trump supporters would choose to solve the problem with a method that has been shown to not be as effective and more discriminatory than other methods.

Comment

If voter fraud is the problem you want to address, there are no cost, non discriminatory methods ( example poll workers could check driver's license photos digitally if a voter doesn't bring I.D., and they could photograph and obtain an affidavit from any voters who don't have a driver's license photo on file.) to protect against voter fraud. This protects the voter fraud regardless of party affiliation and doesn't function to suppress voter turnout.

I just don't see why you and other Trump supporters would choose to solve the problem with a method that has been shown to not be as effective and more discriminatory than other methods.
            makes zero sense how a dmv id is discriminatory especially if a bill passes that would give residents one for FREE

just doesnt make sense to me.... also those are not bad ideas... have you sent them to your local congressman etc?

Comment

makes zero sense how a dmv id is discriminatory especially if a bill passes that would give residents one for FREE

just doesnt make sense to me.... also those are not bad ideas... have you sent them to your local congressman etc?
              You can automatically register people so all they have to make is one trip-to the polling place-rather than multiple trips to the DMV etc. For you and I it isn't a big deal. If you are an hourly worker (like so many) it could cost you a days pay, plus travel expenses, to get a "free ID".

My congressperson already advocates for automatic registration.

Lets just make voting easy for all Americans while protecting against voter fraud.

Comment

no... business 101 is never doing anything for free
                Obviously your not in business...

Comment

You can automatically register people so all they have to make is one trip-to the polling place-rather than multiple trips to the DMV etc. For you and I it isn't a big deal. If you are an hourly worker (like so many) it could cost you a days pay, plus travel expenses, to get a "free ID".

My congressperson already advocates for automatic registration.

Lets just make voting easy for all Americans while protecting against voter fraud.
                  Agreed. Fraud though. Most undocumented folks want to live under the radar. They would never put themselves out by trying to go vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                    Agreed. Fraud though. Most undocumented folks want to live under the radar. They would never put themselves out by trying to go vote.
                    We have a mechanism that can protect against fraud and make it easier for all to vote. Why not just do it?

Comment

• Obama administration counsel Greg Craig indicted in Mueller probe.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-charges.html

Comment

Working...
                      X