No announcement yet.

The PBC Press Conference Was A Dud!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    True lol they went for a UFC press conference vibe but the fighters lacked the charisma and fireworks. Passing around two mics was pathetic to watch. Only Keith Thurman and Spence looked willing to talk some trash and add a little zest.
    exactly. All these fools are duds. I think with a mic in front of everyone it would have opened people up and force them out of their shell cause you know the **** talking is just bound to happen, this way it looked like a bunch of neutered dogs waiting to be walked.

Comment

I mean boxers show alot more class atleast untill their fight is otw. Remember last time Only person talking loud was Broner and he looked stupid

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
        exactly. All these fools are duds. I think with a mic in front of everyone it would have opened people up and force them out of their shell cause you know the **** talking is just bound to happen, this way it looked like a bunch of neutered dogs waiting to be walked.

lmao green for that.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
          Should have had a mic in front of everyone, That way you can let the fireworks fly!
          I agree. Pretty boring and a lot of guys didn't even get to talk.

Comment

Not because of the mic alone but because they are getting pressured by DAZN, now they announce dates after dates and PPV fights and most of these fights are rubbish to be honest. I actually thought all those fights/fighters were on the same card, until I saw a schedule on YouTube yesterday. This is why competition is great for us fans. All those inactive boxers had to be digged out of their graves to be put on show.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
              agreed, felt awkward and had a funeral type vibe...
              Like most of their fight nights

Comment

Set up fights are important to build up bigger fights especially where these guys are not so known.
                My biggest criticism of PBC was not hyping up future fights, so I liked the fact that they had all of the guys at the press conference especially with Spence and Thurman going at each other a little.

I also like the Garcia vs Spence fight, Garcia will be Spence's biggest win and they put it on in the right place in Dallas although I don't think it is a PPV caliber fight.

Comment

It had a very lame feel to it to be honest. There were some aspects of it that seemed downright cringe worthy.

I mean fighters are supposed to seem like fighters. This seemed so muted that it felt like it was modeled after a boy scouts convention.

Comment

Working...
                  X