No announcement yet.

British food

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    What cuisine is America known for? Fried chicken?
    Fried chicken is more delicious than anything the Brits ever came up with.

Comment

• Would like to go over and try some fish and chips.

Comment

So you can't name any. Throw some BBQ sauce on doesn't make it American.

Be quiet in future, America doesn't have any cuisine of their own, apart from meat loaf and they're the only ones that eat that ****.
        Pizza
        BBQ
        Fried Chicken
        Hamburgers
        Tater Tots
        Mac and Cheese
        Donuts
        Fajitas
        Cornbread
        Jambalaya
        Chicken Fried Steak
        Biscuits and Gravy
        Meatloaf
        Grits
        Potato Chips
        Popcorn
        Buffalo Wild Wings
        Nachos
        Cheesteaks
        Hot Dogs
        Pecan Pie
        Twinkies

What the hell do you guys have that doesn't crack your teeth in half?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
          Pizza
          BBQ
          Fried Chicken
          Hamburgers
          Tater Tots
          Mac and Cheese
          Donuts
          Fajitas
          Cornbread
          Jambalaya
          Chicken Fried Steak
          Biscuits and Gravy
          Meatloaf
          Grits
          Potato Chips
          Popcorn
          Buffalo Wild Wings
          Nachos
          Cheesteaks
          Hot Dogs
          Pecan Pie
          Twinkies

What the hell do you guys have that doesn't crack your teeth in half?
          Most of those aren't American. Just because your country consumes them more than any other doesn't make them American or everything would be. You fat slobs.
          Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 12-12-2018, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GAME OVER View Post
            I love a bit of toad in the hole.

Actually cooked that last night. Blaaaady ‘andsome it woz an’ awl!

Comment

Pot roast is french.

"Pot roast is an American variation of the French dish boeuf à la mode"

California roll is Canadian.

"California roll was created in Canada by chef Hidekazu Tojo, a Japanese-born resident of Vancouver since 1971"

You didn't invent cookies or frying chicken wings. Throwing some sauce on or Chocolate pieces in doesn't mean America invented it.

You have nothing.
              the california roll is disputed with a guy from... california

"A rival theory of the California roll credits a Los Angeles chef named Ken Seusa at the Kin Jo sushi restaurant near Hollywood. Mrs. Fuji Wade, manager of the restaurant credited Seusa with the invention in a report to an Associated Press news feed in 1979. Food writer Andrew F. Smith observes that this claim stood uncontested for more than 20 years"

and I didnt say cookies I said chocolate chip cookies to be precise.

the pot roast is a bit similar but not by much

and I also said buffalo wings again to be precise

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                the california roll is disputed with a guy from... california

"A rival theory of the California roll credits a Los Angeles chef named Ken Seusa at the Kin Jo sushi restaurant near Hollywood. Mrs. Fuji Wade, manager of the restaurant credited Seusa with the invention in a report to an Associated Press news feed in 1979. Food writer Andrew F. Smith observes that this claim stood uncontested for more than 20 years"

and I didnt say cookies I said chocolate chip cookies to be precise.

the pot roast is a bit similar but not by much

and I also said buffalo wings again to be precise

As i said. Throwinf some sauce on something or throwing some chocolate chips in something doesn't make that thing American.

Comment

As i said. Throwinf some sauce on something or throwing some chocolate chips in something doesn't make that thing American.
                  Oh that's where you're wrong, we took the hamburger and hot dog, put some cheese and a bun between it and it automatically acquired a red white and blue color with some stripes.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBear View Post
                    Would like to go over and try some fish and chips.
                    I did that recently and trust me it's really worth the hype. I'm not even big on fish and their battered cod, crab cakes won me over.

Comment

• When I was in culinary school, I asked master chef why the course went over cuisines from all over the world but did not cover any British food. The chef replied, "Because the UK is known for some of the worst food in the world."

I've not yet been but every friend and family member who has, pretty much echos that sentiment, even though most of them recommend going there anyway for the amazing history. My best friend is a world traveler and he took pics of the food in Ireland a couple months ago (his 3rd time there). The plate presentation was horrible and when I asked him why he took pics of it, he said, "Because I thought you'd laugh."

Comment

Working...
                      X