No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    He is a god damn weirdo. He knows I have him on ignore. He knows I don't get notifications when he quotes me. He knows I can't see his post. I never respond to him. Yet he still quotes me. And he's been on ignore for at least 4 months.
    lol, yeah. Something is definitely off with that guy.

Comment

Tariffs and Tax cuts

Comment

• Comment

• Trump suggests creating his own major news network
          Chrisriotta
          6-7 minutes

Donald Trump has once again attacked CNN, claiming the network’s international operations represent the United States “in an unfair and false way” while suggesting the nation launches its own “Worldwide Network”.

“While CNN doesn’t do great in the United States based on ratings, outside of the U.S. they have very little competition,” Mr Trump wrote on Twitter. “Throughout the world, CNN has a powerful voice portraying the United States in an unfair and false way.”

“Something has to be done,” he added, “including the possibility of the United States starting our own Worldwide Network to show the World the way we really are, GREAT!”

The president’s remarks arrived amid explosive domestic and international news, including a major federal government report which says human activity has exacerbated climate change and its dire consequences, as well as Russia’s seizure of Ukranian ships, which triggered Kiev to declare martial law as world powers called for emergency meetings.

The United States currently funds several news programs, including Voice of America, a government-funded international radio program which serves as the nation’s non-military broadcasting source.

The country also funds news outlets through the independent government agency, United States Agency for Global Media, which has reportedly produced hit pieces on billionaire philanthropist George Soros, who has become a frequent target by anti-Semites and far-right conspiracy theorists, along with Mr Trump’s political allies.

This is not the first time Mr Trump has reportedly considered launching a major network. Reports surfaced throughout the 2016 election that the future president was reportedly considering overseeing the creation of a new news network if he had not won the election, that would focus on conservative perspectives and voices on current events.

His presidential campaign also launched a “Real News” series hosted by his daughter-in-law, Lara Trump, and experimented with live-streaming news segments and round table discussions throughout the election, many of which raked in millions of views online.

NPR media correspondent David Folkenflik predicted the possibility of Mr Trump building a right-wing news outlet during the campaign trail, writing at the time, “I think that what they would try to do, were they to do this, would be to essentially go to the right or the alt-right of Fox News to outflank a Fox among conservatives with some, you know, nationalistic and populist rhetoric as well.”

Support free-thinking journalism and subscribe to Independent Minds

“You could easily see Sean Hannity defecting from Fox News,” he added. “And you could see them trying to divert some of that.”

The president also stirred controversy by rejecting the findings of a report published by his own administration, which predicts deadly consequences from climate change worsening in the coming years.

“I don’t believe it,” Mr Trump said Wednesday.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8653256.html

Comment

• Please Kasich run in 2020!

Comment

• Originally posted by GAME OVER View Post
              Trump suggests creating his own major news network
              Chrisriotta
              6-7 minutes

Donald Trump has once again attacked CNN, claiming the network’s international operations represent the United States “in an unfair and false way” while suggesting the nation launches its own “Worldwide Network”.

“While CNN doesn’t do great in the United States based on ratings, outside of the U.S. they have very little competition,” Mr Trump wrote on Twitter. “Throughout the world, CNN has a powerful voice portraying the United States in an unfair and false way.”

“Something has to be done,” he added, “including the possibility of the United States starting our own Worldwide Network to show the World the way we really are, GREAT!”

The president’s remarks arrived amid explosive domestic and international news, including a major federal government report which says human activity has exacerbated climate change and its dire consequences, as well as Russia’s seizure of Ukranian ships, which triggered Kiev to declare martial law as world powers called for emergency meetings.

The United States currently funds several news programs, including Voice of America, a government-funded international radio program which serves as the nation’s non-military broadcasting source.

The country also funds news outlets through the independent government agency, United States Agency for Global Media, which has reportedly produced hit pieces on billionaire philanthropist George Soros, who has become a frequent target by anti-Semites and far-right conspiracy theorists, along with Mr Trump’s political allies.

This is not the first time Mr Trump has reportedly considered launching a major network. Reports surfaced throughout the 2016 election that the future president was reportedly considering overseeing the creation of a new news network if he had not won the election, that would focus on conservative perspectives and voices on current events.

His presidential campaign also launched a “Real News” series hosted by his daughter-in-law, Lara Trump, and experimented with live-streaming news segments and round table discussions throughout the election, many of which raked in millions of views online.

NPR media correspondent David Folkenflik predicted the possibility of Mr Trump building a right-wing news outlet during the campaign trail, writing at the time, “I think that what they would try to do, were they to do this, would be to essentially go to the right or the alt-right of Fox News to outflank a Fox among conservatives with some, you know, nationalistic and populist rhetoric as well.”

Support free-thinking journalism and subscribe to Independent Minds

“You could easily see Sean Hannity defecting from Fox News,” he added. “And you could see them trying to divert some of that.”

The president also stirred controversy by rejecting the findings of a report published by his own administration, which predicts deadly consequences from climate change worsening in the coming years.

“I don’t believe it,” Mr Trump said Wednesday.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8653256.html
              I don't agree with this.

Comment

I asked what you thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  Please Kasich run in 2020!

I love Kasich. If he was allowed to run for governor again I would've voted for him

Comment

• Originally posted by man down View Post
                    I don't agree with this.

He has enough propaganda from Fox news and associates as it is anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by man down View Post
                      I asked what you thought.
                      If I can readily pull up tweets from 8 months ago that is what I think. Obviously it's something I agree with or else I wouldn't have posted it. I thought you'd listen to a fiscally conservative Republican/Libertarian

Comment

Working...
                      X