Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you won lottery lump sum or payments?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you won lottery lump sum or payments?

If you won the lottery would you take the lump sum or payments?

DISCUSS pros & cons.

Me and some co-workers each put in $10 for the office pool and the big debate was lump sum vs payments.

Well if the big office pool wins they'd prefer lump sum obviously.

Probably the annuity to avoid being one of those horror stories of lottery winners that wound up broke.

But if you invest it well enough the lump sum is fine

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      Probably the annuity to avoid being one of those horror stories of lottery winners that wound up broke.

But if you invest it well enough the lump sum is fine
      Well the office pool is up to like $200 so they say playing with $200 is much better chance then playing with $2.

No we probably won't win but hey stranger things have happened lol.

So thats like a good 50 something of us who gave $2 to $10 to get the pot up to $200 total. Thats why they prefer to go for the lump sum since dividing the lump sum between 50 something people would be a lot more simple then the payouts.

Comment

Lump sum. Won’t take a chance that they won’t try to hose me over several years down the line or that I die in a couple years wthout fully enjoying it and putting it to good use for others. After all is said and done you still walk away with about $500M.

Comment

Lump sum, fuk that annual payment sht.

Believe it or not though, im already doing good on my own so winning a lotto isnt going to change my life. It’s gonna take at least a billion for me to get excited.

Comment

LUMP SUM! the only Way! fuck it if I go broke again! thats life.

Comment

Dudes who take annual payment have no ambitions, no balls.

Grow some fkin balls

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                Well the office pool is up to like $200 so they say playing with $200 is much better chance then playing with $2.

No we probably won't win but hey stranger things have happened lol.

So thats like a good 50 something of us who gave $2 to $10 to get the pot up to $200 total. Thats why they prefer to go for the lump sum since dividing the lump sum between 50 something people would be a lot more simple then the payouts.
                For an office pool I 100% go for the lump sum. We all split our money up front in one go and all possible problems avoided.

Nothing personal, just business.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  Lump sum. Won’t take a chance that they won’t try to hose me over several years down the line or that I die in a couple years wthout fully enjoying it and putting it to good use for others. After all is said and done you still walk away with about $500M.
                  lol nice. I think the annual payments would be good if u did live to be like 90 tho and you can pace yourself party your arse until you're 55 then become a health nut and live healthy from that point on bang a bunch of hot 25 year olds until your ***** don't work no more.

I remember Mark Cuban said to take the annual payments I forgot why?

But yeah I agree with you bro 500 million now is better than dying of heart attack in a few years or getting killed in a car crash lol.

Comment

Lump sum.

With that kind of money, anyone can OD at anytime.

Comment

Working...
                    X