Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Cotto live up to the proud Puerto Rican tradition tomorrow night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Cotto be Tebowing tomorrow? Or will he be Cotto'ing?

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
      Hopkins said, "If you put on tape, then gauze, then tape, then gauze, it's like a [plaster] cast. It's like being hit with a baseball bat. I'm giving out some secrets here, but you can dip your hands in ice water and that tape will, like, marinate and become harder. But it's only cheating if you get caught. Personally, I think Vargas' and Reid's people dropped the ball. Naazim did a brilliant job in spotting what [Felix Trinidad Sr.] was doing with the wraps."

Don Felix was asked, "Do you think that the Hopkins camp did it (made them rewrap Tito's hand) to get to you psychologically?" and he answered, "Well, it got to us a little because, since I couldn’t place the tape that I usually place on Tito’s hand...I had to add some more gauze...This tends to take away some of the power in the punch."

"I have always wrapped Tito's hands this way and nobody else has ever said anything."

You may think, "Oh Well," it's over. He wrapped the hands illegally, he got caught and was made to rewrap legally - no harm - no foul.
      Not exactly.
      First of all, Don Felix insists that he is going to continue to wrap Tito's hands the way he has always wrapped them - which is of course, illegally. In the same interview quoted above, Don Felix is asked straight out, "Will you be wrapping Tito’s hands differently for this upcoming fight with Cherifi?" and to my absolute amazement his answer was, "No, we’ll be doing it the same way we’ve always done it because I believe that we wouldn’t have the same problems we had for the last fight. That controversy was really done to fill our heads with too many things at the same time. It was like a type of terrorism in a time when terrorism was in the United States. It was boxing terrorism."
      Boxing terrorism lol

First, he admits that the New York Commission wouldn't allow him to wrap the hands like he ALWAYS DOES There can only be one reason for him not being allowed to wrap the hands that way - it was illegal. Therefore, if that is how he ALWAYS wrapped Tito's hands in the past, the assumption that he always wrapped illegally is not far-fetched.
      That last part. "If Margarito was trying to cheat vs Mosley then he definitely cheated vs Cotto lol
      Facts are that margo got suspended for a year and Capitillo has a nice life time ban.

Tito has never been suspended and Bhop used that to get into his head as he did when he threw the flag to the floor.

Fail

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
        Facts are that margo got suspended for a year and Capitillo has a nice life time ban.

Tito has never been suspended and Bhop used that to get into his head as he did when he threw the flag to the floor.

Fail

Don't confuse the guy with facts.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post

Fail

Comment

Canela has no balls anyways.
            Maybe canela will live up to the proud mexican tradition of plaster?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              tweeze your eyebrows, lowblow your opponent, take a knee when the going gets tough, and call other men papi.

goals.
              Ouch man. Very ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                zab is jewish?
                Yup. He last name is Judah which means Jewish.

Comment

http://www.fightopinion.com/2015/09/...ier-capetillo/

Read this and weep

Turns out to be that he is still a liar and try to circumvent getting a new license. He is still banned

Comment

[QUOTE=Bardock;16248373]Hopkins said, "If you put on tape, then gauze, then tape, then gauze, it's like a [plaster] cast. It's like being hit with a baseball bat. I'm giving out some secrets here, but you can dip your hands in ice water and that tape will, like, marinate and become harder. But it's only cheating if you get caught. Personally, I think Vargas' and Reid's people dropped the ball. Naazim did a brilliant job in spotting what [Felix Trinidad Sr.] was doing with the wraps."

- And if this fight were to have taken place in Vegas or anyplace except NYS, no one would be talking about the way he wrapped his gloves. There is a big difference between loaded gloves and the way you wrap your gloves. Tito had real power, unlike Margaritto.

Comment

Hopkins said, "If you put on tape, then gauze, then tape, then gauze, it's like a [plaster] cast. It's like being hit with a baseball bat. I'm giving out some secrets here, but you can dip your hands in ice water and that tape will, like, marinate and become harder. But it's only cheating if you get caught. Personally, I think Vargas' and Reid's people dropped the ball. Naazim did a brilliant job in spotting what [Felix Trinidad Sr.] was doing with the wraps."

Don Felix was asked, "Do you think that the Hopkins camp did it (made them rewrap Tito's hand) to get to you psychologically?" and he answered, "Well, it got to us a little because, since I couldn’t place the tape that I usually place on Tito’s hand...I had to add some more gauze...This tends to take away some of the power in the punch."

"I have always wrapped Tito's hands this way and nobody else has ever said anything."

You may think, "Oh Well," it's over. He wrapped the hands illegally, he got caught and was made to rewrap legally - no harm - no foul.
                      Not exactly.
                      First of all, Don Felix insists that he is going to continue to wrap Tito's hands the way he has always wrapped them - which is of course, illegally. In the same interview quoted above, Don Felix is asked straight out, "Will you be wrapping Tito’s hands differently for this upcoming fight with Cherifi?" and to my absolute amazement his answer was, "No, we’ll be doing it the same way we’ve always done it because I believe that we wouldn’t have the same problems we had for the last fight. That controversy was really done to fill our heads with too many things at the same time. It was like a type of terrorism in a time when terrorism was in the United States. It was boxing terrorism."
                      Boxing terrorism lol

First, he admits that the New York Commission wouldn't allow him to wrap the hands like he ALWAYS DOES There can only be one reason for him not being allowed to wrap the hands that way - it was illegal. Therefore, if that is how he ALWAYS wrapped Tito's hands in the past, the assumption that he always wrapped illegally is not far-fetched.
                      That last part. "If Margarito was trying to cheat vs Mosley then he definitely cheated vs Cotto lol
                      Some revealing statements from the OG master of illegal wraps himself Don Felix. Dude was an artist with it. Spoke candidly of his cheating ways and got away with it for a long time.

Shout out to those dad's out there who know when their kids aren't good enough and do their homework/illegally wrap their hands in a boxing match. That sacrifice of honor must be soul crushing.

Comment

Working...
                      X