Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Canelo/DAZN Deal Will End PPV Boxing In the United States

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
    I know far more about wwe then the average 30 year old should tbh. They still have “ppvs” but it’s not a big source of revenue for them in countries where the network is active, such as the U.K. and America.
    WWE have totally different fanbase bc its a live action soap opera,PPv could work for them long term bc the ppl who watch that are an entirely different age bracket . theres also no competition with other pro wrestling brands,,,

Boxing subscribers will catch on how much they are paying for an event while others are not,,,PPV isn't going to last long at all when top fights are going on Apps.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      Yet any boxing insider or WORKS as a boxing executive disagrees with you ? But it is you who understand the set up of the future which is still PPV and the boxing ppl cant understand like you?
      Last I checked Stephen Espinosa, ESPN, and FOX have all highlighted future PPVs a part of their future boxing offering.

What executives are saying otherwise? Eddie is a troll who says random things in the media all the time. There's even an interview with him stating that PPV isn't going anywhere.

So point to those "boxing" executive opinions you speak of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
        Very good point. I thought that would cripple them at first but they’re more profitable than ever now
        I know right? I don't think anyone could've predicted that

Comment

• Matchroom fights on dazn... Pbc fights on fox an showtime so wat show the fight on both platforms... Money will make these fights eventually happen because fighters are running out of time and there prime an they want to cash in like boxers do. The Boxers will eventually put the heat on promoters soon. Top rank shouldnt have there own platform for there fighters but its ok for everybody else
          Last edited by Jblo; 10-19-2018, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
            The conversion is an easy sell, especially to a sport bar.
            Set up for both ESPN+ and DAZN can be done in 10 minutes and for a lot less than PPV.
            If you dont know now you know. Simple both parties or networks air the fight. Duh

Comment

• Eddie copied arum an now every body wanna act like bob didnt go to espn before eddie went to dazn 87 yr old arum still ahead of the curve

Comment

• Originally posted by dmlarge View Post
                They over paid Canelo. Canelo need to fight good fighter to make Dazn deal worth while. If he starts losing then that deal is garbage.
                With that deal canelo wont lose if he gets knocked out cold they'll call it a draw

Comment

• Nobody wants to watch fights on a gadget i dont know how you brits do it but Americans like to throw a party. And gather around the t.v. an watch the fight not on a cell phone.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Jblo View Post
                    Nobody wants to watch fights on a gadget i dont know how you brits do it but Americans like to throw a party. And gather around the t.v. an watch the fight not on a cell phone.....
                    Download the app from your smart tv bro

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                      Download the app from your smart tv bro
                      **** that put ot on t.v. app still gone freeze up an glitch an all that so just make a dazn channel how bout that

Comment

Working...
                      X