Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOW! Mcgregor vs Khabib PPV sales did over 2 million!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    How you have a ppv Saturday night and by Monday have the ppv numbers? And Monday is a holiday everything is closed. So you got all the ppv counted on Sunday which is a weekend? I don't see how without even a single week day passing you have the ppv numbers when floyd/Mayweather and Floyd/Manny took like 2 weeks to determine the ppv buys.
    They don't. I think it probably did 1.5mmish

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Conor won the 3rd round. I don't disagree it was largely a one sided beat down but Conor had some successes and is the only mfer to ever win a rd on Khabib. Khabib is a bad mfer, but Conor actually did better than anyone vs him.
      Nah Conor was wrecked from start to finish. Pretty sure the judges had Kabob winning the 3rd round. That fight sucked ass..

Comment

So Iole or someone from Yahoo Sports is saying 2.4-2.5 million buys. Impressive, very impressive. Going to end up being either the 3rd or 4th biggest PPV of all time behind May/Pac, May/McGregor and possibly May/DLH.

Looks like it will beat May/Canelo though.

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
          Nah Conor was wrecked from start to finish. Pretty sure the judges had Kabob winning the 3rd round. That fight sucked ass..
          Nope, you're wrong, the judges had Conor taking round 3.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            congrats, that is a ton of ppv buys for MMA, which has a super young audience demographic compared to boxing. probably 5-10X as many people streamed or downloaded it illegally.
            Actually the average age of boxing fans and UFC fans is essentially the same. UFC fanbase has aged drastically..

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              Nope, you're wrong, the judges had Conor taking round 3.
              Well whoop-de-do. They were probably hoping he would turn it around because he straight got his ass whooped every round from where I was sitting, and I've fought in MMA. That was an ass-kicking

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
                Go look it up. All 3 judges gave the rd to Conor.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                  McGregor made a big mistake facing a real threat after a long layoff. he got rousey'd.
                  Actually been thinking about this more & it was a bold ass move by Conor to even fight a guy like Khabib after 2 years out of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Go look it up. All 3 judges gave the rd to Conor.
                    Like I said, no way from where I was sitting. It really doesn't matter, that fight will only be remembered for a) the post-fight antics and b) Conor getting pummeled in Rd 2 and tapping out in 4. Total humiliation.

Comment

• Originally posted by BWC View Post
                      Well whoop-de-do. They were probably hoping he would turn it around because he straight got his ass whooped every round from where I was sitting, and I've fought in MMA. That was an ass-kicking
                      It was one sided no doubt, but the 3rd round was the only competitive round and the only round McGregor had any success in.

Comment

Working...
                      X