Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Admits Shock When Golden Boy Called on Canelo-Fielding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LADIV View Post
    he was scared of derevyanchenko and opted to fight someone worst than rocky a no hoper coming of a 2 year layoff and dragged to 160 ..canelo is doing something ggg never dared to do MOVING UP IN WEIGHT..that pu$$y move cost ggg his ibf belt
    That's such a misleading statement, I don't even know where to start.

He was in camp to fight Canelo (a P4P talent) and Canelo failed the drug test so they had to rush and find somebody for GGG to fight in May. He chose Martirosyan because you don't fight somebody like Derevychenko on a short camp.

And so what he never moved up in weight, neither did Marvin Hagler.

Is Marvin Hagler a *****?

What about Carlos Monzon?

I'd rather a guy fight the people he's supposed to fight in his own division than cherry pick lames in a higher weight class just to say you're moving up in weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by dukesville View Post
      You are one dense individual, you don't know canelo will come in the same, the fact that he won't dehydrate down to 160 alone is a big factor. The fact he has never been punched at supermiddle weight is another uncertainty. And uncertainty means risk. You say what you want about Fielding but your opinions do not change facts. What is certain is you are a ggg fangirl who can't stand and wont accept the fact canelo beat him. You can't stand the he is doing things ggg wouldn't. You are the one that needs to learn about boxing and think because like I said before, you show how dense and delusional you are with every comment you type.
      He fought at 164lbs, did you see that fight? Do you think 4 lbs is going to make a significant difference in his capabilities? Come on noob, you can do better than this. Canelo is essentially going to look like the same fighter.

What the challenge is his opponent. And in this case his opponent is not very good.

This has nothing to do with Golovkin vs. Canelo, in fact there is nothing anti-Canelo here. The fact you are going there out of desperation shows you are getting owned in this discussion.

You should have pulled a duckville in this one because you look like an amateur.

Comment

• Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
        That's such a misleading statement, I don't even know where to start.

He was in camp to fight Canelo (a P4P talent) and Canelo failed the drug test so they had to rush and find somebody for GGG to fight in May. He chose Martirosyan because you don't fight somebody like Derevychenko on a short camp.

And so what he never moved up in weight, neither did Marvin Hagler.

Is Marvin Hagler a *****?

What about Carlos Monzon?

I'd rather a guy fight the people he's supposed to fight in his own division than cherry pick lames in a higher weight class just to say you're moving up in weight.
        Golovkin (38-0-1, 34 KOs), the WBA and WBC champion, was stripped of his IBF title on Wednesday for failing to adhere to the stipulations of the exception he was granted by the sanctioning body before his May 5 bout with Vanes Martirosyan.*

After his originally scheduled rematch with lineal champion Canelo Alvarez fell apart following a pair of failed drug tests and a six-month suspension for the Mexican star, Golovkin elected to face Martirosyan as a late replacement instead of his IBF mandatory opponent challenger Sergiy Derevyanchenko (12-0, 10 KOs). Although the IBF wasn't willing to sanction the Martirosyan fight as a title bout, it agreed not to strip Golovkin provided he make his mandatory defense against Derevyanchenko, a 32-year-old native of Ukraine, within 90 days.

Golovkin, 36, requested an additional exception during an IBF hearing in person on May 22 in New Jersey, in hopes of expressing just how important it was to him to keep his titles. But because he had not agreed in writing to a fight with the dangerous Derevyanchenko by Aug. 3, the IBF went the way of stripping GGG due to his participation in "an unsanctioned contest within his weight class," according to the letter sent to both fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          we have been wondering that about Golovkin at middleweight

but Jacobs and Canelo helped us answer that question
          You still responding to me? Are you off your meds? Don’t read your posts. Read everyone else. So if you want a real response from me I suggest you start an alt profile. You are really desperate to engage me for some creepy reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by LADIV View Post
            Golovkin (38-0-1, 34 KOs), the WBA and WBC champion, was stripped of his IBF title on Wednesday for failing to adhere to the stipulations of the exception he was granted by the sanctioning body before his May 5 bout with Vanes Martirosyan.*

After his originally scheduled rematch with lineal champion Canelo Alvarez fell apart following a pair of failed drug tests and a six-month suspension for the Mexican star, Golovkin elected to face Martirosyan as a late replacement instead of his IBF mandatory opponent challenger Sergiy Derevyanchenko (12-0, 10 KOs). Although the IBF wasn't willing to sanction the Martirosyan fight as a title bout, it agreed not to strip Golovkin provided he make his mandatory defense against Derevyanchenko, a 32-year-old native of Ukraine, within 90 days.

Golovkin, 36, requested an additional exception during an IBF hearing in person on May 22 in New Jersey, in hopes of expressing just how important it was to him to keep his titles. But because he had not agreed in writing to a fight with the dangerous Derevyanchenko by Aug. 3, the IBF went the way of stripping GGG due to his participation in "an unsanctioned contest within his weight class," according to the letter sent to both fighters.
            Were you trying to make my point for me?

Yes, GGG was supposed to fight Canelo and had to find a fight on short notice and fought Martirosyan because Cinnamon decided to dope.

That. Is. What. I. Said.

Comment

• Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
              Were you trying to make my point for me?

Yes, GGG was supposed to fight Canelo and had to find a fight on short notice and fought Martirosyan because Cinnamon decided to dope.

That. Is. What. I. Said.

they selected an absolute no-hoper

sorry but defending the selection of Vanes is ridiculous

so is the.... " short notice ".... excuse

they could have simply deferred the fight, they were not married to that date

they could have fought Saunders..... and in doing so, would not have been stripped by the IBF..... which would allow Golovkin to become undisputed, which was his "dream"..... right?

they chickened out, and got exactly what they deserved

" short notice "..... is just as lame as the other excuses they used to avoid dangerous opponents

Comment

• Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                According to ONE official judge. Mayweather came out winning the fight so what are you saying. ?
                What about this:

Originally posted by fernandtg View Post
                You could also say that of the Lara fight, where he landed 15 power punches to Lara’s face in the whole fight, yet one judge saw him win 9 rounds.

And the Cotto fight, where one judge saw him win 11 rounds.

And the GGG fight, where one judge saw him win 10 rounds.

And the Khan fight, where he was ahead in all 3 cards prior to the KO.

And the Trout fight, where one judge saw him win 10 rounds. Heck, it was open scoring every 4 rounds, and he had it 4-0 for Canelo, even though Trout dominated the first third of the fight.

It was only one bad judge...
                Still just ONE judge, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by fernandtg View Post
                  What about this:

Still just ONE judge, right?
                  You don't get it. In that fight against Floyd only one official judge ruled it in his favor. Thanks for giving me more data. So basically Canelo and his team have one Judge in every fight in his pocket basically. We as the fans know a robbery when we see one. Those close decision wins of him does hurt his legacy. Khan was winning that fight. And Lara should had been a draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
                    He fought at 164lbs, did you see that fight? Do you think 4 lbs is going to make a significant difference in his capabilities? Come on noob, you can do better than this. Canelo is essentially going to look like the same fighter.

What the challenge is his opponent. And in this case his opponent is not very good.

This has nothing to do with Golovkin vs. Canelo, in fact there is nothing anti-Canelo here. The fact you are going there out of desperation shows you are getting owned in this discussion.

You should have pulled a duckville in this one because you look like an amateur.
                    164 is not 168, 1 pound can make a difference you fool. Why do you think catchweights are used? I know you're a fool you can't hide the fact you have no idea what you post. Calling people "noob" does not make you look knowledgable, your comments say you are a noob or a confused fangirl or maybe both. Give it up "Diego Rodriguez" stop ridiculing yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by dukesville View Post
                      164 is not 168, 1 pound can make a difference you fool. Why do you think catchweights are used? I know you're a fool you can't hide the fact you have no idea what you post. Calling people "noob" does not make you look knowledgable, your comments say you are a noob or a confused fangirl or maybe both. Give it up "Diego Rodriguez" stop ridiculing yourself.
                      LOL! You're a noob, or is this abouttimeI or Dull Razor?

The fact you can't figure out that Canelo is going to be essentially the same fighter is pretty funny. You think 1 pound can be all the difference, oh brother. How about half a pound or quarter pound difference? All of sudden Canelo is going to turn into this guy (The Man From Shelby)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=dADz2E5xcmc

Comment

Working...
                      X