Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What style do you emulate while sparring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Each time I try the rip in left/right hook body shots I always get clocked going in....I've started using jabs to the mid section working from the outside my inside game sucks .....

Comment

Originally posted by Verga View Post
      I get tense as **** when I'm about to spar but after eating a few leather shots I star loosing up ..the problem is that I have broad shoulders sorta like broner so sometimes I look stiff as ****.....
      Just relax and focus,as with any sport when you are nervous it is hard to keep your legs up under yourself. Experience is something you can not buy,it comes with time..Just learn from your mistakes and better yourself each day. and most importantly HAVE FUN!!!!

Comment

Each time I try the rip in left/right hook body shots I always get clocked going in....I've started using jabs to the mid section working from the outside my inside game sucks .....
        you have to get your distance and timing right.cant be trying to rip shots to the body out of position.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          you have to get your distance and timing right.cant be trying to rip shots to the body out of position.
          LOL I'm trying to "Orlando Salido" my Body shots

Comment

LOL I'm trying to "Orlando Salido" my Body shots
            Stop trying to be like pro's it took them YEARS of failure to reach that level

Comment

I'm surprised that you're sparring so early to be honest. You're better off starting with a conventional stance and learning to throw the basic punches and combinations from them. It's more important that you get your technique right and that you don't fall into bad habits such as leaving your hand low, lunging into your punches and stepping over yourself.

Comment

Larry is talking bull****...why is Sugar Ray Leonard the fighter he is today? Because his favorite fighter was Frazier(which why's Leonard hooks are amazing) but after the Ali fight decided it was better to fight like Ali.

I try do everything like the best do it.

I hate 5-6 stages I fight in in 2 stances. From defensive to overly aggressive. My center-my go to style is a Cotto/Canelo style meshed with Gamboa that in my mind focuses on staying in constant balance to strike while being able to transverse the ring effortlessly. One step up in aggression is a Pirog/Morales type style that involves a lot of upper body movement and angle shifting with a height/level game thrown in. Then above that is a complete Tyson type style. I think you can see my drift here. I believe in being able to do everything in the ring.

Also work at punching at different distances. Most can either punch up close, mid range or from outside but very rarely can someone do all of these.

Also be obsessive about technique...record yourself and assess. I also worked hard on teaching my brain to throw punches as soon as the other has come back like Manny and exploding in my combinations like Broner...these two have seen my speed double at least.

Comment

training for 2 week and want to box like a pro?

take your time and start from the basics

dont waste time in trying to emulate pro boxers if you can't trow a fckuing one-two properly

Comment

Jack Dempsey, cus i can.

Comment

looking at all the post on this site daily... most posters would just bang it out and get hit for fun, I use the out boxer style when sparring but I get tired after 2 rounds smh

Comment

Working...
                      X