No announcement yet.

Lets be honest, Kovalev Carried Bernard Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets be honest, Kovalev Carried Bernard Hopkins

Like ld did to povetkin out of respect. Kovalev IMO could have got him out of there.

Credit to hopkins, no fouls, no complaining, good interview after.

I realy wanted the ref to top the fight, i Hate seeing guys that are done taking punishment.

Reminded me a little bit of the Briggs Vitali fight...

Hope Hopkins is Ok...

well done for both maing it happen...

I don't know. Maybe. But he sure didn't carry Bernard in the 12th after Bernard stuck his tongue out at him and started clowning. Kovalev got pissed and tried his hardest after that to knock Hopkins the f**k out...and he nearly did. He almost f**king killed Hopkins at the end.

Comment

Not sure why, way too much respect

Comment

Are you for real? He hit him with everything but the kitchen sink. He put everything into that 12th round to try stop him.

Comment

through the fight, i got the feeling that kova didn't wanna fall for any of hopkins tricks, the fouls and all that, maybe it was that... i don't know

Comment

Did you guys not see how Kovalev was reacting to B Hop's right hand counters? That's why he was cautious. And he knew going in not to be reckless.

He's not going to be dumb like Pascal, and go in charging like a bull.

Comment

Hopkins didn't really even try to fight for like 8 of the 12 rds. Dude was throwing 10 punches a rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                I don't know. Maybe. But he sure didn't carry Bernard in the 12th after Bernard stuck his tongue out at him and started clowning. Kovalev got pissed and tried his hardest after that to knock Hopkins the f**k out...and he nearly did. He almost f**king killed Hopkins at the end.
                Yeah he really pissed off kovalev with that clowning hahahahaha.

But kovalev definitely held back out of respect and to show that he is an elite boxer by masterclassing hopkins.

Comment

I think he did. He obviously respect BHop like every boxing fan and hes 49 years old. He probably would've felt guilty seriously hurting a man that old

The 12 round he was pissed tho cuz BHop stuck his tongue out at him. He made Bhop look like a bobble head doll that round.

After the fight you could tell that he truly respect BHop and says that he could still beat Adonis which I agree

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                    Did you guys not see how Kovalev was reacting to B Hop's right hand counters? That's why he was cautious. And he knew going in not to be reckless.

He's not going to be dumb like Pascal, and go in charging like a bull.
                    Kovalev charged in at the end of the 12 and almost sent Hopkins back to mars.

If kovalev charged in from the very beginning the fight would have been over by the 4th easy.
                    Last edited by Divine Hammer; 11-09-2014, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X