Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seating at Madison Square Garden???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You got ripped off bro, sorry man. The prices for those seats were ATROCIOUS.

Comment

you travelling half way around the world to support a good boy?

Comment

Originally posted by hr186 View Post
        Thanks for the replies guys. The seats don't look too bad. I was thinking that Section 01 may be better than Section 12 as Section 12 looks like it could be blocked by the corner post if you're at ground level. Only problem is that the $300 were the best that I could get, couldn't even get the $500 seats after the presale, and even during the presale the only $500 seats available were in Section 12. Anybody got any experience sitting ringside at all?

i've been ringside at dozens of fights, but never at MSG. i had media credentials for several years, and covered fights in massachusetts and connecticut.

it's a matter of angles and distance. floor seats can be worse for an overall view than the first few rows of the loge. if the fight is on your side of the ring, it can be a great view at ringside. if you're not close, though, stuff in the wrong parts of the ring can be nearly impossible to see. you can get a completely different view of the fight if the exchanges don't take place near you.

Comment

Originally posted by hr186 View Post
          Agree with you about people standing up bro, so annoying when you've paid a fortune for tickets. Must have been an experience to see Cotto v Martinez, I was speechless in that first round!!!
          Yea I hate that ****. I stay away from floor seats now. Not worth the money. The experience and the electricity of the garden is something that can't be reproduced. I've been to fights in Vegas.. Puerto Rico, California, Miami... Nothing can beat the Garden for me. So much history and when that place is sold out with all boxing fans... Nothing like it. The roof got blown off during that first round of the Cotto Martinez fight. Be careful they might relocate The GGG fight cause they might need to do more renavations lmao

Comment

is that fight in the arena or the theatre
            Last edited by DLT; 06-10-2014, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjones1989 View Post
              You got ripped off bro, sorry man. The prices for those seats were ATROCIOUS.
              I probably agree with you bro, I've paid less for better fights (e.g. Maidana v Lopez was less than half the price for floor seats). Having said that this is a once a year thing for me, I only get the chance to travel once a year (if that) and it just so happens that the fight is on while I'm in the US, so even for $500 I jumped at the chance of getting a ticket. Every fight in Australia is pay per view (even the regular Showtime and HBO bouts that you get for free as part of your subscription) so we're used to paying ridiculous money to get our boxing fix.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                is that fight in the arena or the theater
                it's in the arena. I think they opened up 9,000 seats for it.

All this discussion about the MSG experience makes me want to go now. Might have to drop a few on some tickets...

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
                  you travelling half way around the world to support a good boy?

Hahaha, love the memorial photo. Yeah i'll be supporting my fellow Aussie, but I'm not blind enough to see what could very well happen. Having said that Geale is a mover and has a decent punch output. The only thing that will slow that punch output is if he can't take Golovkin's power. We'll see I suppose. (BTW I'm a big fan of GGG as well.)

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    i've been ringside at dozens of fights, but never at MSG. i had media credentials for several years, and covered fights in massachusetts and connecticut.

it's a matter of angles and distance. floor seats can be worse for an overall view than the first few rows of the loge. if the fight is on your side of the ring, it can be a great view at ringside. if you're not close, though, stuff in the wrong parts of the ring can be nearly impossible to see. you can get a completely different view of the fight if the exchanges don't take place near you.
                    Very good point. I should be happy with just being there anyway. Floor seats are a big gamble if they're in the wrong position.

Comment

Originally posted by wiz1030 View Post
                      it's in the arena. I think they opened up 9,000 seats for it.

All this discussion about the MSG experience makes me want to go now. Might have to drop a few on some tickets...
                      They got 25 and 50 dollar tickets. I bought a 100 one, I'll honestly be spending more getting there than for the actual fight

Comment

Working...
                      X