Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez: If My Children Tell Me To Retire, I Will Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want him to retire. Everyone always talks about wishing old fighters didn't go on, but now that an old fighter is talking about going out on top, you all just want him to come back so he can lose and go out with a loss?

This is not about Pac giving Juan chances. They were all justified, because no one really won them. In fact, most had Marquez winning and they made sense because they were both the top fighters. Now, Juan has truly sealed the deal, because Pacquiao couldn't.

They don't need a fifth fight. Juan has won with one.....punch.

Comment

• Can't get mad if he does. He's hit the apex.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        I want him to retire. Everyone always talks about wishing old fighters didn't go on, but now that an old fighter is talking about going out on top, you all just want him to come back so he can lose and go out with a loss?

This is not about Pac giving Juan chances. They were all justified, because no one really won them. In fact, most had Marquez winning and they made sense because they were both the top fighters. Now, Juan has truly sealed the deal, because Pacquiao couldn't.

They don't need a fifth fight. Juan has won with one.....punch.
        yeah one punch. one punch that he hadn't had in the 3 fights.

Comment

• [QUOTE=turnedup;12794347]
          Originally posted by lopez36 View Post

Oscar fought Floyd at 154 weighing in at 160 plus on fight night..he fought pacquaio at 150 and weighed in at 160 plus on fight night...what's the issue again? 4 pounds? Manny didn't even make 150 for that fight. I'm not here talking about his role overall in boxing i'm just here debating your points because the criticism holds zero merit. What's good for one guy to do is bad for the other now? I'm showing you exactly how wrong you are with the double standards. I'm not a pacquaio fan but I will defend him when ppl toss ludicrous accusations around with zero merit behind them.
          Ahhhh, nothing pelsonar, but you haven't even seen that fight have you? Try watching and learning about boxing before talking about it mate.

Pac weighed in at 142 at the weigh in, Oscar 145.

However, on fight night Pac went up to 149 and weighed more than Oscar. Pac was heavier than Oscar was for that fight. I believe he was two pounds bigger. Oscar at 147, Pac at 149.
          Last edited by BennyST; 12-10-2012, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chito View Post
            yeah one punch. one punch that he hadn't had in the 3 fights.
            That's what a one punch KO means usually.

If he, or Pac, got it in one of the previous fights, then they wouldn't have needed another would they mate?

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              That's what a one punch KO means usually.

If he, or Pac, got it in one of the previous fights, then they wouldn't have needed another would they mate?
              did jmm had a lot of that in his wins?

Comment

• Marquez is 39, only he knows if his body can go through another extensive training and to take those huge shots by Pac.

He can retire on the highest point of his career a loss will take some of that luster away.

The money for a next fight might be too tempting to ignore

Comment

• Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                  Oh hell no. You're not about to screw Manny out of a rematch, after he done gave you 3 ****in chances to redeem yourself.

Manny bought you that new house we all saw on 24/7. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I know your butthurt that pacquiao lost but dont disrespect Marquez.

Comment

• He will comeback... the money will be too good for him... Marquez will not retire... big money coming his way.

Comment

• Whatever he decides to do, I'm good with it.

Come back are get a few more pay days? I'll certainly watch.
                      Hang them up and go out on the ultimate high? Enjoy retirement champ.

Comment

Working...
                      X