No announcement yet.

Come back Ricky, boxing needs you..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come back Ricky, boxing needs you..

Now i’ve heard all the reasoning for Ricky not to make a comeback, and in all truthfulness i hear a lot of sense. Two hard defeats, decline of punch resistance, weight issues having caught up with him, substance and alcohol abuse. It’s hard to make an argument against such things, however, i really do believe boxing has room for a another tilt from the one and only Ricky Hatton

Firstly, the 3.5 year layoff could actually work in his favour. The brutality of the KO against Manny and the TKO against Floyd were indeed physically exhausting blows, but with a man such as Ricky, the mental damage was much worse. The time away from the ring would have done him good, the demons are likely now suppressed.

He has lost weight. This means that should a comeback be announced, for the first time in perhaps his professional boxing career he would enter a training camp not having to spend the first 30% of his camp dropping the timber. This is a significant point.

Can he reach the very top? No. He’s just not that good. However, Ricky doesn’t need to beat the Manny and Mayweather’s of this world, he just needs to prove to himself he still has enough left in the tank. At one time being the P4P no.1 was all he wanted, but reality has taught him it won’t happen, but he IS good enough to give just about any other JWW / WW a run for their money, i won’t be swayed on that, whatsoever.

Money. He doesn’t need it, but he’ll make a stack if he comes back. Not having the green stuff as his main reason for a comeback is almost rare in boxing, but it’s refreshing to hear.

Ricky is a proud man. I read so much on this forum of people slating him, I don’t know why, people seem to enjoy saying negative things about Ricky Hatton, but he a proud fighter, always gave his best and is as humble as the fish n chips he loves so much. He’s a lovely guy.

I for one miss those balmy nights when he fought, love him or hate him, Ricky Hatton was fantastic for boxing and the void hasn’t been filled in his absence. There are NO fans on the planet who make a noise like Ricky’s, put simply if you say you didn’t like it, you’re lying.

Ultimately for everyone who replies to this thread saying Ricky is rubbish blah, blah, blah the fact remains that you’ll tune in, eager and excited to see what the Hitman has left. So give him a break, let him decide, after all, he is FAR, FAR more qualified than any of us to choose whether he comes back or not, but for my money, I’d love to see him again.

Blue moon rising ?
    Yes
    20.00%
    No
    70.00%
    Don't care either way
    10.00%

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      I know you think you’re clever, but that was a pretty stupid reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Box Up! View Post
        I know you think you’re clever, but that was a pretty stupid reply.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          What do you have against Ricky Hatton?

Comment

To be fair you are an American, so you probably don’t like the fact that Ricky is more popular than your own....even in your own back yard.

Comment

Ricky Hatton has nothing left to prove. He should enjoy his well-earned retirement.

Comment

Honestly, I like hatton.. especially in his prime years, but if he's coming back and can't be at his very best then whats the point? I dont want him to look anymore worst than he did.. But if he wanted to end his career with a win, not with a devastating KO, then nobody can blame him if he chooses to make a comeback... But if he wanted to be on top again, like everybody says here, he should first checked whats left in his tank with some journeyman..

hell, i enjoyed hatton's career and he's a tough style to handle at 140 in his prime to anybody.. i'd seriously pick him over a 140 cotto, bradley, khan and danny boy..

if he comes back and surprisingly will be better than he was before (lets imagine) which cannot actually happen but lets just say, i'd still nuthug him over danny and khan or bradley (if he makes 140).

Comment

if rocky can ricky can mentality?

Comment

LMFAO @ MANIAC310's replies.

Never a fan of Hatton TBH but a nice guy and he made front page news like in the days of Benn and Eubank.

Comment

Working...
                    X