Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personal favorite knockdowns/knockouts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal favorite knockdowns/knockouts?

I gotta go with Ali's 3rd knockdown against Cleveland Williams. It's so perfectly executed: a straight right, a straight left, a searing left hook, and a perfect right that nails Williams right on the head.

My least favorite knockdown is the one Foreman hits Frazier with when Frazier walks away and Foreman deliberately hits him right on the back of the head (however, it is one of the most brutal knockdowns ever!)

hard to say just one or two. i have many favorite kockdowns and ko's.

johnson ko'ing ketchel was damn brutal. jack had stanley's front teeth imbedded in his left glove. ketchel was out cold. johnsons beatdown of tommy burns and the boilermaker jim jeffries was sweet as well. too bad sam langford never got the chances jack did. sam would've made a ruckus as well.

dempsey whooping jess willard's ass was classic. he was all over willard like a swarm of killer bees. you do have to remember though, that back in those days, there was no neutral corner rule and you could basically hover over your opponents as they get up.

max schmeling's 12 round ko over joe louis was nice. schmeling showed how a smart technical fighter can beat a possibly more athletically sound fighter with perhaps better overall punching power.

marciano's ko win over my man jersey joe was a hell of a fight. i always liked jersey joe, so to me it sucks that he lost. joe was not exactly young when they fought either. walcott was the first man to ever knock down marciano. and had beaten him up until that timeless 13th round, when rocky landed a clean right that sent walcott into the ropes. ahh, that was a great fight.

tszyu's ko of zab judah. i always love when the cocky **** talking fighter gets his ass whooped. as tszyu said after the fight, if judah would've leaned in one more inch, it would've been total lights out. so, i guess by kostya saying that, means that he didn't land the punch 100%. and indeed it looks as though he is right.

vitali klitschko beating kirk johnson's ass. many people were thinking that klitschko's great performance in the lewis fight was all lewis' fault for one reason or another. klitschko took lennox's original hand picked title defense out in 2 rounds that december.

castillo/corralles. great fight overall. classic finish. seemed like both fighters were completely equal in the fight. in my opinion, there was no loser or winner. they both contributed to making it one of the most entertaining fights in the last decade.

i'll name some more great ko victories later.
    Last edited by j; 10-17-2005, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Jersey Joe Walcott's 7th round KO of Ezzard Charles. Walcott simply walks up to Charles, Charles throws a jab and gets caught beautifully with a picture perfect left hook.

Originally posted by j
      i always liked jersey joe, so to me it sucks that he lost.
      We can be friends. I'm a huge fan of Jersey Joe as well.

Comment

Although not a "Knock-Out", I always thought the combo Duran knocked Barkley down with was friggin gorgeous. And he's laughing throughout. What an ass, I love him.

The Tyson knock-out of the dude with the mishapen afro was amazing. I don't see how that man's neck didn't snap.

George Foreman knocked this other little black guy out with the palm of his hand. Open Glove KO...that power is just wrong.

And I have also had the pleasure of viewing the Johnson KO over Stanley Ketchel. Johnson's whole friggin body was in that punch. He was Airborne!

Comment

I also love that uppercut Big George hit Joe with. It's so perfectly thrown and catches Joe so perfect, it takes him off of his feet. I also like Foreman's last knockdown on Norton. A semi-left hook, a booming right uppercut, and a fully-winded right hook that hurts to watch. Foreman also catches him with another left hook on the way down.

You gotta love Ali's perfect left hook on Oscar Bonavena. The power thrown in that punch does not seem like it would come from Muhammad Ali. Watch Oscar's head right as his legs give in. Another classic Ali knockdown are both of the ones he hit Zorra Folley. The first is a left hook straight to the face, then Ali's jet-like legs shoot him sideways and he catches Folley with a stinging right hook dead on the back of his head. However, the one in the 7th round is a beauty. Two, lightning fast, counter rights that jerk Folley's head back and leave him laying unconcious for a few seconds. That second punch is almost invisible.

And who can forget Smokin' Joe's perfectly timed left hook that floored Ali in the last round of "The Fight Of The Century"?

Comment

its either mike tyson vs. michael "jack" johnson when tyson hit him with the right hand with a **** load of pwer and knocked the guys front tooth out with the punch. i though he broke his neck or something. or tyson vs. larry holmes he he

Comment

Originally posted by mystyal2k5
              its either mike tyson vs. michael "jack" johnson when tyson hit him with the right hand with a **** load of pwer and knocked the guys front tooth out with the punch. i though he broke his neck or something. or tyson vs. larry holmes he he
              Yea that one was brutal. It brings back memories of Marciano's brutal right hook on Jersey Joe.

Comment

imira,

yup yup. who invented that shuffle? wasn't ali.

Comment

lewis/rahman and the rematch. i always thought there should've been a rubbermatch because the score goes down 1-1, even.

there was this one fight(i'm sure someone can help me out with the names) where this one fighter is clowing in the middle of the ring and dropped his hands in round 4(?) like he just won the fight, and his opponent just walks up to him and BOOM! one punch ko. as i said, i love it when cocky fighters get a good beating.

Comment

Mike Tyson's first knockdown of Larry Holmes... I seriously don't know how he survived that punch, let alone get up and continue fighting!

Comment

Working...
                    X