Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what if the SMW version of James Toney was in the Division Today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
    It would be him Bute and Ward at the top. I think Toney is a bad matchup for Ward Toney is the master of inside fighting and. I think Bute who still is kind of an unknown as far as top competition goes would give Toney trouble. Bute is fast, accurate and long enough to stay just outside of Toney's range.

toney beat evander holyfield without having problems with the length

Comment

I see him beating everyone, but him coming in super out of shape and getting outhustled by someone like Froch or Ward is still a possibility.

Comment

There is nobody special in the division today...........
        Toney beats evryone easily.

bute has terrible stamina and would get hammered with bodyshots. ko
        froch is tough but kinda stupid. brutal beatin then ko
        ward would just try to spoil all night. ud/late ko
        kessler is an on top fighter, his heart would get took away in the early rounds. ko(quit)
        johnson would get soundly outboxed. ud

Comment

If Toney came to fight I'll say he KO's Bute easily, UD's Froch/Abraham soundly and beats Ward in a 116 to 112 type UD.

If Toney didn't come to fight I'll still take him to KO Bute and UD Abraham easily. He beats Froch by UD w/o controversy but Froch works hard enough to win enough rounds to make it interesting. Ward wins an ugly ugly SD or razor thin UD.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            toney beat evander holyfield without having problems with the length
            That is a terrible example, Michael Nunn would be the right example. But I think Bute has more power then Nunn not that he could KO Toney but he would respect his punches more and not be as quick to to counter. Still it is at worst a 50/50 fight and if I had to bet I would bet on Toney

Comment

That is a terrible example, Michael Nunn would be the right example. But I think Bute has more power then Nunn not that he could KO Toney but he would respect his punches more and not be as quick to to counter. Still it is at worst a 50/50 fight and if I had to bet I would bet on Toney
              Nunn>>>>>>Bute.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                Nunn>>>>>>Bute.

Obviously he has proven waaaaay more but he isn't more talented then Bute.

Comment

Erm, yes he was.

Comment

Do you actually watch boxing?

That's a serious question by the way

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                      Erm, yes he was.

How is he more talented? Athletically Bute is as good as it gets, Bute is accurate, slick, has great power and has can fight outside inside and in the pocket. Bute is the full package except for maybe chin.

Comment

Working...
                      X