No announcement yet.

Did anyone listen to this radio show

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone listen to this radio show

Pete Franklin hosted a sports radio show 5 hours a night in 38 states and half of Canada.The radio show was on 3 wwwe.

Over the years he had "old time" fight fans,trainers,managers,ring magazine writers,fighters,etc. etc. on his show.

Experts who saw Jack Johnson,Jack Dempsey,and Joe Louis in action!!

Anyone want to discuss what these experts thought and said about the "old time" fighters?

Thank You

Gezzzzz,I quess I'm to old at 55 years old.

There were great boxing trainers from the 20's era on this show,and all the era's up to the 70's.

There were boxing writers,fans, and trainers who saw Johnson and Dempsey live! And all the heavyweights up to the 70's.

Oh,they saw all the divisions besides the heavyweights.It was cool to listen to them talk about SRR fights at welterweight that were never on film etc. etc.

Nobody listened to this show besides me?

Comment

Originally posted by boxingbuff View Post
      Gezzzzz,I quess I'm to old at 55 years old.

There were great boxing trainers from the 20's era on this show,and all the era's up to the 70's.

There were boxing writers,fans, and trainers who saw Johnson and Dempsey live! And all the heavyweights up to the 70's.

Oh,they saw all the divisions besides the heavyweights.It was cool to listen to them talk about SRR fights at welterweight that were never on film etc. etc.

Nobody listened to this show besides me?
      Wish I had

Poet

Comment

Working...
      X